PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 2/14 v-day at the vine with the girlfriend

Frenchy
02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Well we were looking for something to do on Saturday night and i threw out the idea of hittin the vine to say hi to everyone and to my surprise the girlfriend said she was totally down to do so.

Arrived at the lake around 7ish talked to jimmy and everyone and jimmy pulled up the irvine lake stocking video on the computer and instantly I wanted to stay and fish Sunday.Problem was that is was Valentines Day, had to talk the girlfriend into it and she said maybe so i left it at that.

Later on the Phenix boys( Adrian, Aaron, Ricardo, Vince and Varian) talked her into lettin me stay. SWEET I'm thinkin.

So we sit around the fire talking about the next day and the anticipation is killing us. FINALLY, 530 rolls around go see the boys in the bait shop and pay the dues and sign up for the tourney.

6 am comes up quickly. get the lines set up in the camp ground area. The wait then begins but not very long. Vince's bobber flies off and boom fish on 630 am he lands a nice 6.6 good start to the day and enough for 4 place and a spot in masters. But te bite does not stop there. 20 minutes later Ricardos reel starts singing that familar tune, sets the hook and we know its a monster. After a 20 minute battle he pulls this beast in:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/dleboeuf/ricardo.jpg
10.6 lbs beast

So as the day continues we pluck quality fish after quality fish. But No more money fish. Around 1 pm Aaron gets bit on the nightcrawler dipped in BITE ON GARLIC and pulls in a solid fish 4.8 i believe.

IM getting frustrated so to relax i pull out the Pink jig Tip it w a white powerworm and attach it to and 8'6" phenix w a Pfluger reel spooled w 2lb test.And give it some tosses for no love then the boys ask if i dipped it in the BITE ON. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i hadnt. So dip it in there and proceed to jig telling the girl friend the fine art of how to work the jig. 5 or so casts later i throw it out and almost as soo as it hits the water feel the tick tick set the hook and its onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i know its a monster. How big not sure cuz all the fish were fighting real good. keep fighting it. then she breaches and OMG SHES A PIGGGGGGGGGG. i know shes a money fish and the jitters start setting in. Then finally after 10 minutes Adrian wades out with the net and its OVERRR. I got her with less than an hour to spare. Better late than ever. and here she is

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/dleboeuf/ricardo-1.jpg
11.6 on the scale what a beast she was

All in all it was a great day. caught about 20 fish for all of us lost quite a few an all fish were caught using the bite on garlic dip.
Won 340 bucks and got to take the gf out for a very nice dinner on the lake lol.
O and at the raffle the girlfriend won 2 free nights of camping so a nother plus will be using that at SALMONIOD SATURDAY. see you all there tahnks for reading

Eat Sleep Fish
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Pretty obvious its the same fish in both pictures. Nice fish though.

BrandonFish
02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Nice fish
Cant see any resemblance is those two fish

troutdog
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Pretty obvious its the same fish in both pictures. Nice fish though.

Here let me help play detective for you ESF, check out the 4th picture on the right....:Wink:
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?43194-Sunday-s-Tournament-results

TD

Eat Sleep Fish
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I got your 4th picture on the right. In the two different pictures, look at the spot patterns, that's what had me sold. Look at them carefully, closely....IDENTICAL! If it's not the same fish, it's just plain scary how they're making these trout twins nowadays in the concrete pools.

troutdog
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I got your 4th picture on the right. In the two different pictures, look at the spot patterns, that's what had me sold. Look at them carefully, closely....IDENTICAL! If it's not the same fish, it's just plain scary how they're making these trout twins nowadays in the concrete pools.

Agreed that they do look very similar especially the markings towards the tail section, but check out the 3-4 spots adjacent to the pectoral fin in the first picture; whereas the 2nd fish pictured has none.....VERY similar but definitely not the same fish.

TD

Eat Sleep Fish
02-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Well, at that point the angle at which the fish is being held comes into play. Those spots could be hidden in the second picture as he is not holding it nearly at the same angle as the first picture. Whatever it is, pretty crazy shizzz.

Either way, the Vine is kicking out some nice fish. Good time to be there from here on out. At the end of the day it IS a pay lake but good times to be had for sure.

Fishbones
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
nice toad trout....geez wish i can get one of those babys...

the killa
02-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Well the truth about the picture is "YES" its the same fish. I was there. This is what happen. After the raffle Ricardo gave his fish away at the tackle shop to one of his friends. When we all went back down to the boat ramp to pack up all of our stuff into the car. One of the Irvine Lakes employees came down there to see if they could RETAKE a picture of his fish because someone had deleted his picture on accident. Ricardo told them that he didnt have the fish anymore because he gave it away. Danniel's fish was right there and the employee just said, "Just grab that fish, Its OK". Thats what happen.

I really dont see the big deal of it, just in my opinion.

Hopefully this clears what happened.

They are both BIG BEAST!!!!

troutdog
02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Well, at that point the angle at which the fish is being held comes into play. Those spots could be hidden in the second picture as he is not holding it nearly at the same angle as the first picture. Whatever it is, pretty crazy shizzz.

Either way, the Vine is kicking out some nice fish. Good time to be there from here on out. At the end of the day it IS a pay lake but good times to be had for sure.

EAT SLEEP FISH FOR THE WIN!!!! You are the ultimate detective, it looks like I stand corrected! My apologies....

I knew Ricardo had a good fish as well....the guy is a heck of an angler.

Okay one last side note, what the heck happend to that poor trout's arse after Frenchy was handling it :Shocked::ROFL:

TD

fishincrave
02-16-2010, 08:43 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Shocked::Shocked::Shocked::Conf used::Confused:

fishincrave
02-16-2010, 08:46 PM
to much skweezing lol nice beasts congrats to both

Eat Sleep Fish
02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
It's not a game of "I'm right, you're wrong"

I just thought it's pretty obvious to see. Just look at the spots. I'm not discrediting either one of the anglers of catching any fish. But from those two pictures, it seemed pretty obvious that it was the same fish.

Glad we're all on the same page now. Finally, I can sleep..... LOL

primo55
02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Hell of a catch!Congrats.

Frenchy
02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
HUH wow that was intresting i had no idea it was the same fish right after weigh ins and the raffle i took off after all the gf let me fish on v-day so the night was her turn. i gave my fish to adrian before i left so ya that all happened after i left so i had no idea it was the same fish

as for the arse of that fish td she came up and started spewing eggs so i shoved my finger in there so she didnt lose any weight. lol HAHAHHAHHAHAHA i personally thought ricardos and my fish were closer that a lb of eachother so that is why i did that. :)

kewlwhip
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
coool, congrats to you guys Frenchy- i happened to cruise by at the right time to see some slayage that day~

Frenchy
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
ya kewlie you came up at the right time

paintsn
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
yeah truly the same fish with same patterns.. i raises fish..so to have one identical specially with hybrids.. that would be very rare..

but yeah.. great job on landing that beast.. such a motivation.. hope one day.. i will be in your shoes.. but first i need to learn all i can from the pros here

Poxy Boggards
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Way to go Frenchy! Nice fish!