PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Day Spotties 2/15

Jaysuuun
02-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Got a text from Tesserz asking if I wanted to do some spottie hunting after she got off work. :Big Grin:
Hit up the usual spots for the spots. :LOL: Water was super duper clear and the sun was still high in the sky when we got there. It was tough to get bit and find the hot color in such clear conditions. But as soon as the sun went down, things heated up. Here's a few pics.

Tesserz first spottie of the night.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05874.jpg

The dinks also wanted to play. These little guys kept yanking our swimmies down the hook. :Neutral:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05876.jpg

A spottie for me

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05877.jpg

This fish was too dinky for Tesserz' standards. :Rolls Eyes:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05880.jpg

Ah Ha! The spottie she's been waitin for, a nicer model.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05885.jpg

And last but not least the biggest spottie of the night! :Big Grin:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSC05887.jpg

Was a pretty good night of fishing. Totaled about 10 spotties between the both of us and a few farmed fish and missed bites. Til next time. :Cool:

sansou
02-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Great report & pics!

I see your using something other than Gulp, extra nice job!

victor101
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Very nice spotties on the swimmys. Thanks for the pics and report!

fisherman from long beach
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
nice spotties,i need to head down there and get my spottie on

cjmedina
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
sweet report dude that last one is a beast

Fishbones
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
toad spot....nice!!!!

calico killer kevin
02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
All y'all fish too much.
I'm jealous. LOL

When the sun goes down, try a Black Widow BH.
You may grow to like it. :Wink:

E.A.R.G.
02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
hey
loved your reports
is that newport harbor?
i was wondering if you could share some info if that'd be okay, i.e, where to park, where to walk to?
any info would be super appreciated. I'm new to the harbor fishing and I definitely want to get in on it
thanks

HESBROS
02-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Good Job Jason and Tess! You sure know how to make me regret pasing up the invite! Tess, you crack me up! So, where is Wed Nights report?

Eddie

fish_sauce
02-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Great job on the spotties! You guys make it look too easy! :Wink:

Newfishsmell
02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Good job team Jaysuuun/Tesserz...
Look out team HESBROS/BassWidow they're on ya :LOL:

ldsaylor
02-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Way to go you two!! Nice work on those spotties! That last one is a fatty.. Thanks for the report.

HESBROS
02-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Yes they certainly are! We are all just practicing for the first ever FNN Hot Spot Action Tounrny to be held in NPH, whenever that is..........well, I guess whenever someone organizes it.......lol

Jaysuuun/Tesserz = Team Bass Pro Shops :Twisted: Vs.HESBROS/BassWidow = Team Berkley
Based on the attire I always see

Jaysuuun
02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Great report & pics!

I see your using something other than Gulp, extra nice job!

Thanks, I love catching them on the swimmies it's a lot easier and faster to fish with. The downside is they're a little more costly to get snagged on the docks. :Sad:

Very nice spotties on the swimmys. Thanks for the pics and report!

Thanks, the swimmies have been very effective for us lately.

DO IT! The spottie bite is hot right now!

sweet report dude that last one is a beast

The bite had slowed down before that, but I needed to try one of my favorite spots, and it paid off. :Big Grin:

toad spot....nice!!!!

Thanks!

All y'all fish too much.
I'm jealous. LOL

When the sun goes down, try a Black Widow BH.
You may grow to like it. :Wink:

Dude, there's no such thing as fishing too much! :Fishing Catch: LOL. I actually have a few black widows in my tackle box, but I haven't had a need to put one one yet. I'll be sure to try it out sometime.

hey
loved your reports
is that newport harbor?
i was wondering if you could share some info if that'd be okay, i.e, where to park, where to walk to?
any info would be super appreciated. I'm new to the harbor fishing and I definitely want to get in on it
thanks

Yes, that's newport harbor. Anywhere you can get access to some docks is a good place to fish. That's where the spotties like to hide. Check out google maps and check out some previous threads for areas to fish.

Good Job Jason and Tess! You sure know how to make me regret pasing up the invite! Tess, you crack me up! So, where is Wed Nights report?

Eddie

Wednesday nights report will be up in just a few minutes at your request. :Wink:

Great job on the spotties! You guys make it look too easy! :Wink:

It's only easy if the spotties make it easy for us. :LOL: Sometimes they can be real finicky.

We definitely would love to fish with the them sometime, but we could never compete with that deadly duo.

Way to go you two!! Nice work on those spotties! That last one is a fatty.. Thanks for the report.

Thanks there have been quite a few nicer grade spotties out there lately. It's time to get out there on your yak and pick a few off.

Jaysuuun
02-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Yes they certainly are! We are all just practicing for the first ever FNN Hot Spot Action Tounrny to be held in NPH, whenever that is..........well, I guess whenever someone organizes it.......lol

Jaysuuun/Tesserz = Team Bass Pro Shops :Twisted: Vs.HESBROS/BassWidow = Team Berkley
Based on the attire I always see

FNN Hot Spot Action Tourney!? We all know you and BassWidow would be annihilating the competition. :Not Worthy:

BTW the BPS sweaters were just some black friday specials. :LOL: We need to pick up a pair of Big Hammer hoodies and of course a couple of them Team 57 sweaters as well. :Wink: Do any of those new Team 57 hoodies come in a harbor design with spotties, halis and sandies oh my. :Surprised: Hopefully they'll have plenty at the Fred Hall Show. :Big Grin:

PESCADOS.LOCOS
02-20-2010, 09:06 AM
great job U 2 some nice spotties from the docks! Jaysuuun will have to float soon! looking foward to another good report

DockRat
02-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Great Spotties and much improved report.

Did you ever try the Spottie 'secret spot' I pm-ed you in LB ?
I think it was you.
DR

flyngby
02-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Tess & Jaysuuun,

What a nice evening date you 2 had down in the harbor! Oh nice spotties also!

Hope to get back out with you 2 soon.

Steve

Phanatic
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
what size were those big hammers you had? Were they the 3in or 4in?