PDA

View Full Version : Wood 2/15

peanut88
02-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Went out to the wood w/ much disappointment. Weather was great. Water was in the 50-60's. Found out Miller's Canyon was closed off due to damage. The entrance by the water processing plant was closed & gated. Fished Cleghorn & the pump area instead. Managed only 1 15" trout.

Sorry will post pic if I can figure this new sys again.

Cheers

seal
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
The entrance to Miller has been closed for years due to fire. You can still hike back, if they have that gate on the trail again just go around it, they put it up a while back cause trees were falling but I think that gate is down now (last time I used the trail). Black Oak parking lot is also closed, they have been repaving and working on that hole area so the hike back is a little longer. Everything seems to be slow at Silverwood recently, maybe the draw down of the lake has a lot to do with it. I tubed down to Miller for a skunk on Sunday and Saturday I picked up one in Cleghorn, I fly fished Miller and normally never skunk, WEIRD!!!

You did ok managing a trout in Cleghorn considering what's been going on out there.