PDA

View Full Version : Spottie Harvest

bchbum54
02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
how do you like these guys they just went to town on the spotties. what a shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxshPlrXomg

Fire Ball
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I actually commented on that video a few days ago, lol. They should have just released them.... It is painful to watch that video!

samgann93
02-15-2010, 09:48 PM
wow. thats not cool. i could have gotton over the calico even though i personnaly dont keep them but spotties are really not cool to keep. slow growing and not a lot. they should put some kind of restriction on keeping them. preserve the fishery.

DockRat
02-16-2010, 07:00 AM
More Advertising = More Take
I still don't understand why put NPH in a post ?
Why not just say OC ? and take a pic of the bass on the mud ?
Lurkers, Newbies ect.
One spot in LA/LB port holds Spotties and WSB. I took my buddy there and he almost sheet his pants when 6 @ 3' WSB swam by. Why would anyone post a hot spot ? I would bet I could find any of those spots with background pics in 1/2 day of recon.

You guys say 'Everybody knows NPH holds spotties' That is a FALSE STATEMENT

Send a PM to any FNN member for 411, be discrete with locations and background pics.
Why are any of you guys surpised ? People keep spotties and they taste good I hear.
And don't foget 'It's Legal' They could be from SD or HH ?
DR
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/pksbshp/Fishing/DSC02196.jpg

fisherman from long beach
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
More Advertising = More Take
I still don't understand why put NPH in a post ?
Why not just say OC ? and take a pic of the bass on the mud ?
Lurkers, Newbies ect.
One spot in LA/LB port holds Spotties and WSB. I took my buddy there and he almost sheet his pants when 6 @ 3' WSB swam by. Why would anyone post a hot spot ? I would bet I could find any of those spots with background pics in 1/2 day of recon.

You guys say 'Everybody knows NPH holds spotties' That is a FALSE STATEMENT

Send a PM to any FNN member for 411, be discrete with locations and background pics.
Why are any of you guys surpised ? People keep spotties and they taste good I hear.
And don't foget 'It's Legal' They could be from SD or HH ?
DR
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/pksbshp/Fishing/DSC02196.jpgare these the one you took home D.R

smokehound
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I bet only three of the spotties were eaten, and the rest just sat in the freezer for show-and-tell..

I'll usually only keep one if I screw up and mortally injure the poor thing somehow.

I hate it when people just leave the fish flopping around like that. At least dispatch them, so they dont writhe in agony..

(yes, fish DO feel pain)

DockRat
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
are these the one you took home D.R PhotoBucket pic
Type in spotted bay bass, lots more pics on photobucket.com
I'll pass on eating harbor fish that hang out.
DR

fish
02-19-2010, 12:07 PM
FWIW: The video seems like it was shot in San Diego. I recognize the background which is Seaforth Landing and the little guy in the video collects can after the long range boats comes in.

I think that all spotties should be released. Who wants to eat harbor fish anyway.

bergie berg
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
yea i hope those guys ate the spotties and got sick from them. I think dockrat brings up a good point and in future posts i think i might just leave out more details like exact location. Those guys in the video are NOT fisherman....

smokehound
02-21-2010, 02:24 AM
I eat harbor fish alot, and I have yet to grow compound eyes, and auxillary nipples.

Spotties, though they are a bit of a health concern, because like stated above, they dont move much, and like to hang out around boats.

the only reason I keep em is when i accidentally kill one. =( Wasting fish is illegal.