PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake - 2/14/10 WO

JohnnyBoy
02-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I would like to start this report with a thank you to Craig Elliot and all the staff at Corona lake for being so helpful & courteous, in showing me a great fishing experience. A special hello goes out to the chronic crew. I slayed them today boys, you missed out on all the fun, I'll call you when I catch that 30 pounder roaming around.

I must say that I have been skeptical about all the hype that goes on at both Corona and SARL. Over the last month or so, I decided to give these waters a whirl. Craig Elliot and the Fishinlakes family, have definitely proved me wrong. I'M SOLD.

My first experience at corona was on Feb 4th. That day I landed 9 fish, of witch 4 I was able to safely release alive back into the water to fight another day. I was using "THE JIG", and had a blast. We were in the tubes and launched at the damn. Moved around the lake until we found the fish,and then it was on.

Yesterday 2/14/10, I saw that Craig and the boys, had a bonus stocking. The Jess Ranch Ruby Reds followed by the tailwalkers. Having caught one of those nice tailwalkers the week before, I wanted more. So, I made sure to take care of my Valentines duties the night before so I could be free to play. So I was off, took the tube out, and had an 11 fish day. It was wide open in the morning, and eveyone seemed to be catching fish, whether they were in tubes, boats, or from the shore. It was a Fishermans Valentines indeed. Once again, I used the jig, and was able to send 6 fish back healthy into the water for another fight. I came to shore around noon or so, and fished the rest of the day from shore. What a great day. Caught plenty of fish, the weather was great, and I'm DEFINITELY coming. back.

The trout action at Corona on my trips have been nothing but spectacular. I say this truly, if you want to take your family or friends, I give Corona Lake 5 stars on a 5 star scale. The bathroom facilities were clean and respectable, the bait shop is well stocked, the staff is friendly and courteous, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY. THEY HAVE THE FISH. I've always said, it's better to be lucky than good, but Corona Lake is starting to make me believe that I am both luck and good. :Smile:

jbcaplette
02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Corona is not C&R on trout, the limit is 5 fish per person. If you want to C&R like that switch to Bass fishing once you caught your limit.

JAG107
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Corona is not C&R on trout, the limit is 5 fish per person. If you want to C&R like that switch to Bass fishing once you caught your limit.

Very true. I'd hate for the Corona staff to catch wind of C&R going on and have security patrolling the lake b/c they're suspicious of the tubers releasing fish. I know the released trout will probably be caught before they die from the stresses of being hooked played and released at this lake because of the fishing pressure, but it's certainly best not to post up about it. Nice going on the jigs, though.

SILVERADO SLAYER
02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
DAMM another awesome report from corona , i am kicking myself in the ***** as i again fell for all the hype the " other lake" is continuing to spew was gunna go to corona but @ the last minute decided to hit the vine & again was let down , it seems every time the other lake has a tourny it NEVER lives up to the hyped up reports & i have been taken advantage of for the last time..... GREAT REPORT / WAY 2 SLAY

THANK YOU FOR THE REPORT
STEVE

oakboy
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM
just wondering whats "THE JIG"?

JohnnyBoy
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM

Thank you for letting me know that, I was unawares that you could not C&R at Corona where the trout are concerned. I was using a barbless hook, but that doens't matter I suppose.

I here the bass are lurking on the far side of the lake, what has your bass experience been like there ?

JigStop
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
There is no Catch and Release at any of the fee lakes on trout. The stockers are very feeble from having been raised in concrete raceways. Even catfish are weak from the farms.

Fisherman57
02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
There is no Catch and Release at any of the fee lakes on trout. The stockers are very feeble from having been raised in concrete raceways. Even catfish are weak from the farms.

Actually, most of the Mt. Lassen fish such as the "Sierra Bows" are raised in earthen ponds and or lined holding areas...... not concrete.

The link below shows an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41Pg0u-QgM&feature=player_embedded

JigStop is correct on NO C&R on Trout at the PayLakes........ and fragile fish like trout obviously dont usually handle the stress very well. Thanks for the report!