PDA

View Full Version : The Squid Are Back In Town!!!!

DaveysLocker
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
THE SQUID ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!
After a one week absence the Humboldt Squid are back in Newport Beach waters. Captain Jeff Patrick and his faithful deckhands, Luke and Nick, took 30 anglers out Saturday night (2/13/10) and were able to bring back 90 of the Jumbo Squid. When the squid were in January 29th thru February 3rd, the Western Pride and the Aggressor caught over 2,500 squid ranging from 20 to 60lbs.
The Western Pride is running Twilight Squid Fishing Trips Tonight and as long as the squid are in our area. This trip departs at 7pm and will return around Midnight. Please call us at (949)673-1434 and make a reservation if you would like to join us for this trip. The cost is $40 for the boarding pass and it is recommended to show up an hour before the trip departs. Captain Jeff suggests bringing gear with at least 300 feet of line at 30lb to 50lb test, medium to large squid jigs, and multiple 8oz weights. If you need rental gear, tackle, or a fishing license you can purchase them in our office.
As Always Goooood Fishing,
David @ Davey’s Locker
www.daveyslocker.com

EL_CHIDO
02-16-2010, 09:45 AM
THE SQUID ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!
After a one week absence the Humboldt Squid are back in Newport Beach waters. Captain Jeff Patrick and his faithful deckhands, Luke and Nick, took 30 anglers out Saturday night (2/13/10) and were able to bring back 90 of the Jumbo Squid. When the squid were in January 29th thru February 3rd, the Western Pride and the Aggressor caught over 2,500 squid ranging from 20 to 60lbs.
The Western Pride is running Twilight Squid Fishing Trips Tonight and as long as the squid are in our area. This trip departs at 7pm and will return around Midnight. Please call us at (949)673-1434 and make a reservation if you would like to join us for this trip. The cost is $40 for the boarding pass and it is recommended to show up an hour before the trip departs. Captain Jeff suggests bringing gear with at least 300 feet of line at 30lb to 50lb test, medium to large squid jigs, and multiple 8oz weights. If you need rental gear, tackle, or a fishing license you can purchase them in our office.
As Always Goooood Fishing,
David @ Davey’s Locker
www.daveyslocker.com

Ah man! I was on the Friday trip and nothing, but I did get a raincheck pass (my second one, I went out the Friday before that one and we had to come back cause of the swells.)

Third times a charm I hope, I'll be there maybe this Friday or Saturday.

noodle_083
02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
me an my bro are heading out tonight to get so more of the squids. last time i was out there i had a blast.