PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with my 3 year old son

Stu
02-14-2010, 01:00 AM
I live in Pasadena, and I'd like to take my 3 year old fishing. With him, I'm pretty sure catching a carp, perch, or bluegill is just as good as anything else?

Any suggestions as to where I could take him where we would be most likely to catch something (anything)? What about SARL?

trout worm
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
fishing with a 3yr old can be pretty tough... very short attention spans. will probably want to throw rocks....and splash the water.... and leave... at least that was my experience.

if you really want to catch.... going to a trout pond where you pay by the fish or pound would be real fun for a 3 yr old.... of course it could get expensive. but you'll only be there for a short time. i took my son when he was that age to the mt baldy trout ponds and the one in oak glen. fun to be out with dad and the guarantee of a fish made it fun for him and kept his interest in fishing.

just a thought....

Trout 1
02-16-2010, 03:33 PM
If I were you I would take him to Jess Ranch Hacterey and fish the trout pond. I think its like $3.50 per trout. Go to this web site http://www.jessranchlakesnews.com/ there is pricing info. Good luck!!!

Trout 1

Hometown
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
good advice about the trout ponds but if you want a larger experiance I suggest wait till the water warms and take him blue gill fishing.

shh777
02-17-2010, 09:02 PM
My son is four right now, but we have been fishing together since he was 2.5 years old. I have taken him to the Mt. Baldy Trout Ponds. It's fun but you don't spend a lot of time "fishing" since it's very easy to catch fish. Once you catch two fish it's about 20 bucks or so.

Right now I take my son to the Kid's Lagoon at Irvine Lake. I've always had success there. I like it because my son gets to meet other kids, he can be rowdy and noisy, and we get to catch fish. Bear in mind we have had times we caught one fish and other times we have limited in two hours. Most of the time we catch our limit.