PDA

View Full Version : NPH...A Lot of wiping before i got the stink off!

PESCADOS.LOCOS
02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Hit the harbor this morning for a couple hours. On the water by 7am launch at K street Hung a right worked the docks with smelt Big Hammer couple nibbles. Made a U turn switched to New Penny GULP and worked between the boats some bites and a couple fights only to spit the hook before they were visible. Last time out did not even get a nibble. First time in NPH with a skunk and moving that direction again just could not land anything. So worked my way back down to the truck worked docks n the way back down. Another fight peeled the drag only to spit the hook again. Two docks away from calling it a day and this little sandie help me out a little by swallowing the hole gulp and giving me a chance to set the hook! My little friend.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu179/chphotos1/skunk.jpg

Astrolux
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Thats gotta be one the funnier thread titles I ever read. Good Job, Keep at it man.

Fishbones
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
...man sometimes its those little spinners that save the day......better than the skunk....keep at it there in there....

murrieta angler
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
That little fish is all that mattered at that time....Good job getting that stink off Bro.
Thanks for the report and pic.
Robert

Jaysuuun
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I've been in that situation many times before. One fish is better than none fish. Nice job getting the skunk off.