PDA

View Full Version : Kroc pattern question

Dreamer
07-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Hi fellow anglers, i haven't been doing alot of fishing lately because i'm a newly wed.
Most of you anglers should know how that is :D
anyways I'm getting back into the fishing scene again eventhough it's one or twice
a month. My question is what kroc color patterns do you anglers use
to target halibut from the surf? I've tried the ones with the sticker and
haven't been getting any hits. Would the blue or green mack pattern be
any good? Thanks in advance and i'll post a report if i get out this weekend. Keep on fishing

vanillagurilla
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
not so important is color but size. im sure while surf fishing with all the white water and sand mixed up size of a lure would be more important. a smaller lure will probly yeild more bits and fish but of a smaller quanity. i say try atleast a 3"-4" crock. dont limit your self to crocks either. personaly i like a 3" castmaster. you can cast them super far to :)

Dreamer
07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks i'll give that a shot. I usually target BSP with grubs but want
to try for hali's. I'll post when i get a chance to get out. Thanks
again for your help

SanDimasLMB
07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks i'll give that a shot. I usually target BSP with grubs but want
to try for hali's. I'll post when i get a chance to get out. Thanks
again for your help

If you're going for Halis from the surf, get a LC (Lucky Craft) hardbait. You're chance will likely be wetter with a hardbait than with a Kroc.

rusty6
07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
i dunno, i've caught countless more halis short and legal on krocs than i have on my lc...then again, i haven't caught a fish on my lc yet

Dreamer
07-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Thanks for all the helpful info/tips, it's really appreciated.
Now it's time to put the lures to the test and nail
me a hali. Will post this weekend of my trip

POSTAL
07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I have caught more butts on kast masters and small hopkins ,but I prefer the all silver kroc with the silver sticker if im using a kroc.