PDA

View Full Version : Hit the Water Again (02 / 12) for Bass but ......

JapanRon
02-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Here's the required 10 letters.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0212ShortRpt.jpg

fish_sauce
02-12-2010, 07:33 PM
JR,

Thanks for the report, that is one heck of a sculpin! Happy Lunar New Year to you and yours...may the new year bring much luck and fishing adventures your way.

Andrew

JapanRon
02-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi fish_sauce,

Thank you much. That was a nice one. You musta noticed the size of the hand holding it !! Boy did he or she have a big mouth .... which the width of it was about one-third of the length of the fish. Cabbie kinda like that too when they get old and mean ! :)

Added later: Interesting you should mention the Lunar New Year ... my wife ... being Okinawan ... the family and many other more traditional Okinawan families recognized both New Years .... Solar and Lunar. Japanese oshogatsu being the major and more traditional Chinese/Asian cultures the lesser. Quite a few things in Ryukyu's (Okinawa) culture remain from the time when Okinawa was a trading nation that was under the umbrella of a sort of Chinese greater co-prosperity sphere. To become part of Japan (due to satsuma clans military actions) was a much later period.

Await your next report,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't know about you Ron, but I love me some Rattle Snake meat....:Big Grin:
Thanks for the report,
Robert

Megsdad
02-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you Ron, for another very informative report; I think we all know, if we want to know what's going on out there, check out your reports. (thanks for the seminar and show info also) ...could it be true...Albacore on their way?

joe

JapanRon
02-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi murrieta angler,

Thanks and your quite welcome. I agree ..... Scupin / Scorpionfish (Kasago or Oni [Devil] Kasago in Japanese) make great fish taco's and or sashimi.

JapanRon

JapanRon
02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Megsdad,

Thank you. Gotta start fishing other water (south and SMB) for a little more balanced perspective but just mostly havin' fun.

Await your next fishing adventure,

JapanRon

sansou
02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Happy New Year and great report as always!

I like the new report format, but I also did like the bunch of "asides" that you also had in your old reports, especially the tips & the "fishing in Japan" stuff. Fascinating stuff.

JapanRon
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi sansou,

Not to worry. Depending on the landing and boat I make a trip on .... I will decide case by case and still be doing a full 4-page report with all the bells and whitles at times.

Awaiting some new adventures from yourself.

WOW .... did you just hear ..... yellows down SD-way 'on the Iron' .... the Indian got about a 100 of 'em !! Wonder if it was a Dan Hernandez charter !?

JapanRon