PDA

View Full Version : 30 LB Trout are in the lakes

Rooster
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
For those that didnt know, The 2 MONSTER trout were stocked and are in the lakes. There are 2 videos Part 1 and Part 2 & are the collest videos i ever seen. Props to SARL & Corona Lakes :Applause:

Part 1 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41Pg0u-QgM&feature=player_embedded

Part 2 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6stfScVd58&feature=player_embedded

Part 2 is actual stocking of the BEASTS

sawoobley
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Please post pictures!

2lb line is not going to cut it for those bad boys.

the killa
02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
It sound like they said that they have been in the lake for a few days now huh.... Damn, now i wonder if I should go to irvine or Corona this weekend....

samgann93
02-11-2010, 09:26 PM
ill be at corona tomorrow. you all might as well try and get the 30lber at sarl cause the one at corona is mine. haha

i hoppeeeeeeee.

the killa
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
lol... Hopefully someone that we know gets it... Good Luck tomorrow man...

samgann93
02-11-2010, 09:32 PM
haha ya. id like to see someone get it on a plastic too not bait. anyone else gonna be there tomorrow.

Rooster
02-11-2010, 11:10 PM
haha ya. id like to see someone get it on a plastic too not bait. anyone else gonna be there tomorrow.

I would pay to watch one of those beast be landed with 2lb test. SnottRockett for the win? GL Bro

samgann93
02-12-2010, 10:57 AM
didnt even go today... moms bday =[...

rooster im gonna say that snot rocket with sent jigged REALLY slow could get it.

Poxy Boggards
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Damn...Those are some monsters. Hope they don't decide to try and eat my foot while I'm tubing...LOL

E.A.R.G.
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
not the first time they've stocked 30 lbers.
they used to stock a few of them every year a couple years back. They'd get hooked a bunch but never brought in and they they'd just dissapear

Mondo21
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I'll be out at Sarl Sunday or Monday. The Alaskan Trip is mine,cause I'll be bringing in the
MONSTER!!! Cindy

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
not the first time they've stocked 30 lbers.
they used to stock a few of them every year a couple years back. They'd get hooked a bunch but never brought in and they they'd just dissapear

sounds like some ninja poachers or when it heats up they just scoop em earlie morning before the crowds come in for catfishing...

Git R Done
02-13-2010, 12:43 AM
honestly only one of em will be stocked...i think. Dont know which will be the lucky lake. The other one may be kept for their display @ the fred hall show. just a thought...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-13-2010, 01:49 AM
i don't know, is it just me or does anyone agrees that these farm raised fish shouldn't qualify as record breakers? just saying if they were like caught from a holdover in some big lake that can handle holdovers. but these 2 particular paylakes wouldn't be able to have holdovers survive, can they?

blackberg
02-13-2010, 04:44 AM
at least of the record keeping authorities has created a separate class for these trouts, and at least one of them just lump them into the same one, so not everyone is on the page on that
-bb

CASTAWAY
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
WOW....:Shocked: sure is huge......

FISHINGBEE
02-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I bet a snagger will get it. Then claim he used Crave Dough!

FISHINGBEE

Trout 1
02-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I bet a snagger will get it. Then claim he used Crave Dough!

FISHINGBEE

Thats the same thing I thought haha. I also thought they would of been caught by now??

Trout 1

Trout 1
02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
i don't know, is it just me or does anyone agrees that these farm raised fish shouldn't qualify as record breakers? just saying if they were like caught from a holdover in some big lake that can handle holdovers. but these 2 particular paylakes wouldn't be able to have holdovers survive, can they?

I was wondering the same thing because its pretty much planned right??

Trout 1

Marley
02-14-2010, 08:37 PM
I actually hooked one of those big 30-pounders. Several years ago, I think it was the last year they let you tube Chris' pond. I KNEW that big fish was right in the middle of the pond and I went in after it. Slow-trolling my beloved blown half-crawler and I got bit big. Santa Ana winds were blowing pretty good that day and it was difficult keeping the tube in the right position. As the fish would run a bit, I'd adjust my position to account for it. I'd gain a crank or two and the fish would take back three.
After what seemed like an hour I finally turned its head off the bottom and got it to come up. Imagine my total surprise when a full-sized, 50-inch wide tumble weed came up on the end of my 2-lb.!
I don't know how many people were watching me that day, but I didn't hear a single one of them laugh or yell out "It's too short!" It was a fun fight while it lasted and gave my a bit more confidence that when I do hook that 20-plus pounder on my 2-lb. Ande, I just night get it to net.

Ultralight
02-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Marley, LOL!!! Good story.

On the side, I keep reading about 'snaggers' and obviously it's something frowned on. What exactly is a snagger?

UL

FISHINGBEE
02-15-2010, 11:37 AM

On the side, I keep reading about 'snaggers' and obviously it's something frowned on. What exactly is a snagger?

UL A snagger is somene who sees a fish and swings hoping to hook the fish anywhere but the mouth. Some people even run a hand full of treble hooks on a bobber. Soon as the bobber makes a twitch. Witch means a fish has swam by the hooks bam they swing snagging the fish. Its illegal in California and really makes the fish skitish. Also tends to make the trout not want to bite any on coming lures or bait. Like they run from it. Some of the states allow snagging. Most common way is the seeing version. If you accidentally snagged a fish. The fish seems to go crazy im sure it hurts like hell. I think the biggest reason snaggers are hated because it makes all the fish skitish. Ruinning tehfun for everyone else.

FISHINGBEE

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
so if you or anyone else sees a snagger feel free to let of on them...

samgann93
02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
i hate snaggers. i see a lot of them lately. places like sarl where big fish cruise are hot spots. there was some kid at dvl like 3 weeks ago when i went trying to snag like a 5 or 6lber that i had hooked and it popped me off right at shore (must of gotton stunned, after it was really skitish). lets just say he wont be snagging at dvl anymore =]

snaggers are guys who think they can fish but they cant. if you are fishing and you foul hook a fish i think its different but if you just see the fish swimming and go up and snag it its wrong. i love when guys try and enter a tournement with a snagged fish, ahahaha. Never gets old...

Ultralight
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Ah, thanks for the expanation. In all my days of fishing, there's only one case where a buddy is fishing a jig and accidentally snagged a fish from about 50 feet away on the jig. We kept the fish, not thinking much about it really as I've never seen that happen any other time. But yes, if I was INTENTIONALLY trying to snag a fish, that doesn't seem very sportsmanlike.

Question: So if we accidentally snag a fish from way out there where obviously one cannot see the fish to snag, should we release the fish? And would places like SARL prefer that be released?

UL

Trout 1
02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Ah, thanks for the expanation. In all my days of fishing, there's only one case where a buddy is fishing a jig and accidentally snagged a fish from about 50 feet away on the jig. We kept the fish, not thinking much about it really as I've never seen that happen any other time. But yes, if I was INTENTIONALLY trying to snag a fish, that doesn't seem very sportsmanlike.

Question: So if we accidentally snag a fish from way out there where obviously one cannot see the fish to snag, should we release the fish? And would places like SARL prefer that be released?

UL

A: I would release the fish if its not hurt. I guess it just depends on the person. I dont think it happens to often tho I have only done it once myself. Im not sure about SARL tho. Are you allowed to release fish there??

Trout1

Big Daddy
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM

UL
A snagger is a Low life, scum of the earth. That's the best way I can define them.

Trout-Chaser
02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Is there no end to the d*#kheads out on the water?!