PDA

View Full Version : Finally managed to spend $200 on fly-tying supplys from cabelas

City Dad
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I recieved two-hundred bucks worth of Cabelas gift certificates for my b-day back in October. Decided to spend it all on just fly-tying materials.

now, if I'dd had two Benjamins to blow in Bob Marriots fly-tying section, that would have been no problem, but I was on-line shopping at Cabelas... so it's taken me this long to think of stuff I need or want that Cabelas carries... and to be honest, I did have to resort to purchaseing a few "grab-bags" and also a pair of wading shoes... but it's all finally spent!

anyone need any files? (The Sierra event is comming up.) leme know ;)

fisherman from long beach
02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
nobody said being a fisherman is cheap.i always thought zebco was a good brand.lmao.

DockRat
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
nobody said being a fisherman is cheap.i always thought zebco was a good brand.lmao.

Dude, You shoud see my Zebco :Thumbs Up: I keep in my car and I'm not joking.
30" Older Zebco I picked up with 2 guides showed it to my buddy that has wrapped rods for 30 years and he said,
' Dam, this thig has a nice backbone, let me fix it '. So he re-wrapped it with 3 guides and I put a little bait caster on it and have had waiting to do some industrial ninga fishing. Cast pretty good too. I bust it out at the QM public fishing area and toss a swimbait 75' feet and these guys look at me like http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/dyedinthewool/Smilies/nuts.gif with there 12' rods out.
DR

DarkShadow
02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Cabelas's finally get the Bigfoot rump tuft hair that was backordered?

Wingnut
02-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Whoohoo! More Halibut surf flies for me! :Dancing Banana:

Koshaw
02-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I'll take some flies :D

Ya getting to the Fred Hall show btw?