PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Vine Sat.

Boater13
02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Going out this saturday to the vine for whatever wants to bite steelhead or the regular rainbows.....i was thinking about trolling because last time i went (last sat.) and soaked some baits i didnt do very well. If you have any information on whats been working or where the trolling has been the best all tips are valued. Thanks

Boater13:Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Trolling will be good with the better weather and hopefully much more clear water. There is no "hot spot" as of yet, the changes in weather, temp and clarity have thrown any such patterns off. Work the whole lake until you find some action, then settle in. Good luck!!!

troutdog
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
From the feedback I have been getting trolling has not been very productive, but that doesn't mean you can't catch a mess of fish! I'll be out there Saturday and plan on baiting down most of the day. Water clarity is tough throughout most parts of the lake.

Good luck to you!

TD

Prowler_Tuber
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah Im treating myself to a quiet B-day so Ill be there, taking the Tube out. I hope my new rods will be done tomorrow so I can hopefully break them in. See you all out there.

Boater13
02-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Do you guys think the lake will be fished out by monday or will i still have a good chance at getting some fish?

troutdog
02-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Do you guys think the lake will be fished out by monday or will i still have a good chance at getting some fish?

Fished out by Monday? Not at all, even with the rains regular stockings have continued and fishing pressure has been light with the weather....I think this is going to be a great stretch of fishing. Good luck out there and let us know how you do!

TD

MAVERICK27
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with TD (for once haha) I think it will break wide open by late Saturday/Sunday. That should give the water time to clear up and the fish to come out and play again. Pray for cold water and nice weather.

Gmoney
02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree with TD and Mav (for once haha)
keepin our fingers crossed the water clears just enough...let it break wide open for everyone this weekend!!

Hometown
02-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I will be there in a rental I will be looking for everyone.good luck lets get fnn in the classic.

Boater13
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Hahah thanks guys i hope i can do well out there and ill make sure to post up after my trip.....hope we can get the big one trolling my leaded line with a CD-5 firetiger hah:Big Grin: