PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Aqueduct is a Bi***

M@M
02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
NO FLOW... Water about 2ft. lower then usual .....Fished 7:30am-1:30pm worked my way all the way to and a little past the bridge at Los Flores Rd...... Caught and released another 2lb catfish on bait and wait pole. .....Lost another LURE (i GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU GO IT ENDS UP COSTING YA ...HA HA ) The duct sucks:Smile:
Can't wait for spring to hit Perris for blue gill. Instead of catching one fish after many days, it will be nice to catch many fish in one day! AND they taste just as good as striper IMO..:Smile: Wish I had a better report but ......THERE ARE NO FISH IN THE DUCT!!!!!!!!!!!:Sad:...........................

OH! and while I'm thinking about it. I'll never understand people who leave all their crap...plastic bottles, empty bait containers, fishing line etc. etc.... WTF!!
IF YOUR READING THIS AND IT WAS YOU, QUIT BEING SUCH A JACK O** I GET TIRED OF PICKING UP AFTER YOU! I JUST DON"T Understand HOW PEOPLE
CAN THINK THAT'S OK!!!
::Death2Above:

sawoobley
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
The problem seems to be lack of water flow. Maybe they turn on the pumps late at night or real early in the morning :Secret:. Is there anyone we can call to get that information because we really need it? Most reports that I have read from the duct come when there is some water flow and the more the better. In Hesperia it seems that the water rarely ever flows :mad:.

Do you ever see any baitfish when you are there? I did not the time I fished the Hesperia duct. The only other thing that can be done is to use a fish finder to see what the heck is in there :Smile:. I have the fishin buddy 130 which may work ok if there is no water flow. Perhaps I should float tube the duct in Hesperia in order to see if M@M caught the one and only striper in the Hesperia duct :LOL:. I just wonder what would happen if they suddenly opened the gates :Outta Here:.

If someone has an inflatable raft we should scout out the duct with the fishfinder :Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:. One of us could be the anchor on shore if necessary (with a rope) but we could always head to the ladders. I think that would be the coolest thing ever! If there are quite a few fish then we just need to change tactics. If there are only a few and the water never flows then forget that section of the duct!!! :Death2Above: :Angry:

:Cool:

M@M
02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
have I seen any baitish
I've seen a school of Tule perch by the siphon a couple times,shrimp and once I saw a small (approx. one and a half inch long by 1/8in.wide) silver colored fish pop out of the water, stick to the side and then bounce back in. It happened so quick I didn't get a good look at it [ Does someone else have a guess on what it might be? Yeah, It would really be interesting to know what the approx. striper population is.
By the way,The stomach of the one I caught looked empty to me.

Fishbones
02-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Way to never give up...your consistent effort is amazing and will pay off...keep at it.

Trout-Chaser
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree about the BGs--those guys are a blast to catch! Spring is just around the corner, too...

And I wholeheartedly agree about the bozos that just get up and leave all their trash right there--either they don't care orit's like they know someone else will deal with it (like you). I'll never understand that selfish mentality as long as I live.

FISHINGBEE
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
There probably stripers chasing the perch. They are there though. I fished it one night and we flash lighted several schoolie stripers. They would not touch a thing but those perch. When they drained the duct a couple years back there was a good population of stripers and catfish plus carp. April through May is the time to hit the duct hard. You might want to try the gate at the 15 and some spots at Baldy Mesa. Could be seeing shad there really thick in Palmdale at times. Have you ever read striper bills report.

FISHINGBEE

FISHINGBEE
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey M@M i agree about the trash. There is all kinds of crap you could snag. Last time they drained it. They found vending machines cars tires etc. Waiting for the dead body though. Check out my post on the Narrows 1/5 with my son Tyler. Those were his first trout ever.

FISHINGBEE