PDA

View Full Version : Got beef!

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
went to dvl on 2-10 got to the lake about 11ish. My buddy and i started fishing at the second cove for
trout. Fish bite was slow but we mangae to get 4 trout on floating crawlers. Well i writing this because
at 2pm yesterday the guys that work the boat rental decided to pull into the cove where we were fishing
with a pontoon boat. If anyone has been to this spot knows that it only about 10feet wide of fishing area. Anyways there were three of them on the pontoon, the skinny white guy jumps off and grabs the brick off the shore and chucks it 10 feet away from me and where i was fishing. I bit my gosh darn tounge, i dam near flip out. The guy grabs a couple more bricks on to his pontoon and then they left. By now i was f'n heated so we decided to leave. But im still pist off cuz we paid to fish just like everyone there. I headed up to the tackle shop and spoke to the manager.(i was super nice and didnt cuss at all) the look on her face was like " shut the f'up and i dont give an f." that didnt help me much so i went down to the boat rental and looked for the skinny white guy that threw the brick. Well he wasnt there but the other 2 were there so i spoke to the the lady she claims to be the lake ranger. We spoke for a lil and she apologize for the other guys behavior. After all that bulls**t i dont know if in gonna go back there because im 10mins away from skinner. Thanks for letting me vent.

fisherman from long beach
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
damn,if thats true,thats kinda f"ed up.

MAVERICK27
02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Some people who only work there and don't fish....will just never get what a nasty intrusion that was. I'm sure he was young and immature. I think the bigger problem is the lack of customer service by the manager in the tackle shop. That has me reelin for sure. Thanks for sharing. You never know, other people may have similar problems that we never hear about. Have fun at Skinner and catch a lloyd!

FishEye
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Spoon- Wow, I dont understand why they would throw bricks in your direction. Did they say anything? I would think that they would want you to catch fish. It just doesnt make sense from DVL's standpoint to discourage fisherman from gettin on fish. I would've gave'em the good ol' "C'mon Man!".

fisherman from long beach
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Spoon- Wow, I dont understand why they would throw bricks in your direction. Did they say anything? I would think that they would want you to catch fish. It just doesnt make sense from DVL's standpoint to discourage fisherman from gettin on fish. I would've gave'em the good ol' "C'mon Man!".

seems a lil iffy

addict
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Ignorence is bliss ,I was ther yesterday throwing plugs and i think the same guy almost ran my lure over .I put my arms up ,like what the hell and he just waves at me completly clueless.Next time we should let them know there wrong doing and why ,that way they dont do it to somebody else .

DarkShadow
02-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm confused on why they would be throwing bricks in the first place.

So essentially, they rolled by, within casting distance from you, one of them got off on shore, picked up a brick that was sitting there, and threw it in your direction? Then picked up some more bricks and brought them on board and then left?

How rude.

¤

I really want to know where this spot is tho. I know when the water comes up, thanks to the efforts of Ken Calvert, that brick pile will be a good area to fish.

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Sunday I was there and a guy in the pontoon came rumbling through the cove I was fishing, but he was just observing. I'm not sure what he was looking for. Maybe a roving patrol or something of that nature.

Those guys at the docks are all pretty friendly. Maybe he just made a mistake in judgement.

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
spoon- wow, i dont understand why they would throw bricks in your direction. Did they say anything? I would think that they would want you to catch fish. It just doesnt make sense from dvl's standpoint to discourage fisherman from gettin on fish. I would've gave'em the good ol' "c'mon man!".

there were bricks about 5 feet from shore and people were fishing from it. Its the next cove over from the no fishing cove.

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
damn,if thats true,thats kinda f"ed up.
its true! There was a local there also fishing with us, big boy he goes there every day. I forgot his name.

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
ignorence is bliss ,i was ther yesterday throwing plugs and i think the same guy almost ran my lure over .i put my arms up ,like what the hell and he just waves at me completly clueless.next time we should let them know there wrong doing and why ,that way they dont do it to somebody else .

yes we should.

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
sunday i was there and a guy in the pontoon came rumbling through the cove i was fishing, but he was just observing. I'm not sure what he was looking for. Maybe a roving patrol or something of that nature.

Those guys at the docks are all pretty friendly. Maybe he just made a mistake in judgement.

allthey had to do was tell us that they were gonna move the bricks so that no one stand on it, that would of been fine with me.

spoon2610
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
i'm confused on why they would be throwing bricks in the first place.

So essentially, they rolled by, within casting distance from you, one of them got off on shore, picked up a brick that was sitting there, and threw it in your direction? Then picked up some more bricks and brought them on board and then left?

How rude.

¤

i really want to know where this spot is tho. I know when the water comes up, thanks to the efforts of ken calvert, that brick pile will be a good area to fish.

its the second cove over, there were brick in the water about 5 feet away from the shore and people were fishing from it.

Trout-Chaser
02-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Gee--kinda makes you just want to rush right out and fish there, don't it?

JigStop
02-12-2010, 09:39 AM
That "skinny white guy" has been a tremendous help to the shore fishermen when they stock the trout. I have seen him hook and hand off trout to young kids. You must be some kind of gang banger to piss him off like that.

Seņor.Chilax
02-12-2010, 10:12 AM
That "skinny white guy" has been a tremendous help to the shore fishermen when they stock the trout. I have seen him hook and hand off trout to young kids. You must be some kind of gang banger to piss him off like that.

Why do you assume he's a gang banger? Is it because he said "skinny white guy"? What, the white guy cant piss off the "cholo"? Come on guy, he was just trying to describe the rude guy that ruined his fishing day. You obviously know what guy hes talking about, tell me it didn't help?

Fishbones
02-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I fished DVL yesterday and didnt have any problems or run into any brick throwing skinny white guys.....
all employees seemed to be helpful and answered all my questions.

sansou
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Brick throwing skinny white guys are the worst.

C'mon, everybody in Vegas knows you don't bet on the Celtics.

spoon2610
02-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Yes im a gang Banger from Temecula with 3 kids, a huge mortgage, and 2 big arse car payment. LMAO!!!!!! Im a Gang Banger that fishes LOL....

spoon2610
02-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I love DVL, its a great place to fish and the view are awsome! I was just pist at the one guy.