PDA

View Full Version : Near Limit Bassin' at the 'Shoe'

JapanRon
02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
OK guys I'm ....
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0210ShtRept.jpg

TUNAVIC
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Cool report as always, nice to hear the Bass are chewing! Suppose to be a nice warm weekend, hopeing to get out myself, and it always, raises anticipation to hear a report like yours, Thanks!
Cya Tuna Vic

fisherman from long beach
02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
nice report.glad the bass are hittin

JapanRon
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi TUNAVIC,

Thank you. Should be some nice fishin' for sure. Might be a bit crowded after so many weeks of bad weather and water, boats off-line, and such.

Good luck and await your always entertaining and informative reports.

JapanRon

JapanRon
02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi fisherman from long beach

Yesssss !! It's about time that the darn things started to take a look at the plastics. Perch sure loved that baby plastic Squid too but they chewed off the tenticles soooooo quick !! Only got one bite (monster hit) on the fake Squid and farmed it after 15 cranks. Shook it's head like a Ling in mid-column !! Grrrrrrr

JapanRon

murrieta angler
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey Ron!
I thought about you when I saw the sun shining on Wednesday. I thought to myself, " Man I know he's getting some fish today!"
Low and behold you were rewarded with a multi species day. I'm glad for you and am wondering how I'm gonna be able to keep up the reading with all your reports this coming year.
I see you nabbed a #2'er, was that average size for the bass?
I'm hoping that this weekend in the surf will be just as nice as Wednesday on the moo-moo..:Big Grin:

Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

OH!!!
Did you see the report on the other fishing website? One of the captains spotted some 15 pound albies, but it didn't say where...

DockRat
02-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the report Ron. Do you ever use the Baby Pus swimbait ? Looks like a small octopus with 4 legs.
They work good in 4" orange or green for bouncing off the bottom around the port. One guy was useing the 6" and liked too.
Used to be my favorite for bouncing with a hand line on a small water bottle for small grumpy's in areas where rods are not a good idea. Havn't seen them for sale anywhere ? Maybe Fred Halls.
DR

Pot of Gold is up to a 28.15 lbs. That is a Big Butt :EyePop:

pokerface12
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the report and thank you for the C&R with the 2lb calico.

JapanRon
02-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Thanks. Actually the average size was that of the one's held by my buddy in the top, right-hand, center photo. I think you may have thought it me because .... in editing the page the picture caption didn't get grouped right and was lost behind the grouped image.

Yes, I saw that report but couldn't find any more info on the 'other' site to substantiate the story so I related it as rumor !! :)

Good luck on the fishing this weekend !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi DockRat,

I used them for a while .... orange with blue metal-flake was really good BUT ...... BUT they are so &*#$% soft that the Perch or anything else will have all the tenticles bitten off before 5 drops ! Grrrrrrrr

Noticed one of the bait-receivers had live fin-bait !! Must be for the Halibut drifts !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi pokerface12,

Thank you for your continued interest. I wish folks would WANT to release all Calicos ..... could be C & R'ed. I'm sure many, many PBers make that their practice. My 2lb fish was not in the breeder class but.... dang it ! Ya gotta start somewhere ! :)

JapanRon

J12
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Great report as always Ron. I always love how your report is nicely organized. Anyway it was a pleasure reading your report and I hope we can fish together sometime. -j12

JapanRon
02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi J12,

Likewise, read and look forward to more reports on your fishing the salty.

JapanRon