PDA

View Full Version : Heading to DVL for the first time, lookin for some tips or suggestions

Fishbones
02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
First time goin to DVL and lookin to hook up.
Can anybody spare some advice to help us out tomorrow.
Hoping to catch some largemouth and stripers...but will settle for some trout if the bites off.
We will be renting the nicer boat, trolling motor,fishfinder....fishbones

samgann93
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
trout or bass or stripers?

Fishbones
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Bass,striper....and if all else fails ..trout.

Danny300
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
TIP.....if you rent a boat. keep it in the water. and if you fail at that remember to wave at the guys with the video cameras LOL

jmp_fishinn
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
fishing from shore or a boat?

Fishbones
02-10-2010, 09:11 PM
TIP.....if you rent a boat. keep it in the water. and if you fail at that remember to wave at the guys with the video cameras LOL

LMAO D300.....were staying deep and away from shore....LOL

Fishbones
02-10-2010, 09:15 PM
We will be renting the nicer boat, trolling motor,fishfinder....fishbones

DVL_Local
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
C-rig a baby brush hog in watermelon/whatever flake color you want on a size1 EWG.

I fish a 7'6" rod, 3/4oz Mojo Rockhopper with a 4.5' Floro leader in 6-8#. I've been using a 6# leader. Rod tip down and drag. Don't hop it don't pop it...drag it. Keep the weight and the bait on the bottom!

Drag SLOW....just when your mind starts to wander because, your getting bored...you'll feel a tick-tick.

Sit shallow and drag uphill.

DVL_local

Fishbones
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Thank you for your detailed answer...I will try and i will never give up...lookin foward to thanking you tomorrow in a post trip thread...thanks alot DVL local

bigfish420
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Fly line baby trout! Lol just kidding, had to say it with all the drama that was going on the other day.

Ok for real though, I always start at the dams to see if there is anything going on then I will hit up the rock quarry and bounce or slow roll your best trout swim bait and hold on. The fishing has been slow in my opinion but you can get trout pretty easy by the launh area with mini jigs.

DarkShadow
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Dvl_Local summed up a productive technique that is productive this time of year.

You can also drop shot the same depths and you may hang some fish.

Let us know how the trolling motor works out for you on the deluxe. I've rented one and found the fish finder to be a bit spotty, and the trolling motor ran out of juice within an hour. The only thing that would make it work was to leave to outboard on, which defeats the purpose of the trolling motor in the first place.

Buena suerte!

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Thank you for your detailed answer...I will try and i will never give up...lookin foward to thanking you tomorrow in a post trip thread...thanks alot DVL local

Man, you my kind of guy.."never give up". Let us know how you do. You definately gotthe right train of though going.

Big Country
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Just don't video it and post it here...because all the a-holes come out of the wood work, question everything you do in the video and beat you over the head repeatedly about it until your post resembles a written version of Haiti.

Otherwise good luck!

bassgrabber1
02-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Just don't video it and post it here...because all the a-holes come out of the wood work, question everything you do in the video and beat you over the head repeatedly about it until your post resembles a written version of Haiti.

Otherwise good luck!

ah ahahahahahaha....lol....that's true!!!!!

Fishbones
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Man, you my kind of guy.."never give up". Let us know how you do. You definately gotthe right train of though going.

Thanks HuskerRod.....ive learned that motto thru all the tuff fishing at my home lake
...legg lake or whitter narrows..that lake beat me left and right and sent me home with skunks on the monthly...LOL