PDA

View Full Version : Help With Fishing On Lake Mohave

Ambassadorhawg
02-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I found out recently that Seven Crown Resorts is no longer offering houseboat rentals on Lake Mead. That leaves us with Lake Mohave in order to keep the scenery somewhat similar.

Never been there before, never seen it. Looking at it from outer space, it looks pretty fishy! I see lots of coves and it looks greener than Mead?

My group has decided to try Lake Mohave for our houseboating trip. I like to get bit by anything that bites, but prefer LMB's & Stripers. We'll be there the weekend after Memorial Day weekend.

Any advice on tactics or areas to fish would be most appreciated!
What do LMB's like to eat there?
Might we see bait schools up?
Are there SMB's in Mohave?

We'll be heading out of Katherine's and I doubt if we'll take the boat far. Maybe across the lake to the first nice cove we can find.

Thanks,
'hawg

Stormcrow
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Havasu is far different than Mead with regards to fishing. Fish are DEEEEP near Davis dam and unlike Mead where you can catch fish everywhere, Havasu is a feast or famine type deal. LMB fishing is TOUGH there. Gotta work it hard. Good luck!

Troutman65
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Benn some many years that I have been to Lake Mohave . ( back in the day was always going out there a few times a year ) Anyhow, We fished at night for the striper amd used anchovies . Did good. Good luck

scca
02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Good luck to ya out there !!!

Frenchy
02-12-2010, 02:22 AM
i know you in a house boat but as you come out of catherines landing turn left towards the damn then go up 1/2 mile and turn into the cove on the left w the island in front of it go to the back of that cove and the is a SICKKKKKKKKK spot for smallies and lmb there you will know it when you see it and pull up on to shore and you can walk it its sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

all regular bass stuff work especially cranks and lipless cranks shad color or drop shot o and remember not illegal to use gold fish up there

Ambassadorhawg
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks Frenchy!!!