PDA

View Full Version : I'm so angry

plumbertom
07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I could just spit.
I was supposed to be on board the Pacific Islander out of Channel Islands Harbor tonight.
I helped my son in law arrange a charter trip as a promotional item for the investment firm he is a broker at more than a month ago.
Not only myself but 15 clients were looking forward to this trip for some time.
One hour before we were planning to leave our house to drive to the landing they called and cancelled the trip. Some of which had already left for the landing and were unreachable to inform them of the cancellation.
No attempt to try and get us another boat, no offer of a future discount, nothing but an offer to reschedule.
Now if it was the first time I had experienced this type of problem at this landing I might not comment on it but the last time i was scheduled to take a trip on one of their boats they switched boats at the last minute, I mean we were standing at the dock getting ready to board when the captain tells us we can get on the smaller boat or go home. We had already paid our fare, for crying out loud. Once on board we find out that there is not even room enough for all the people to sit down.
I'm sorry to say I can no longer recommend that anyone patronize Channel Islands Sportfishing. If you want to fish out of Channel Islands Harbor do your self a favor and deal with Capt. Hooks Sportfishing. They at least offered us a boat in the morning and a hotel accommodation for overnight and the cancelled trip was with another landing.

SanDimasLMB
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
soory to hear about the bad mishap plumberton, but Channel Isands is still a very good landing. Sure theres mishaps like these but thats fishing.

mako chaser
07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
That"s not fishing. Just poor management

ironshrimp
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I totally agree and feel your pain

plumbertom
07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
soory to hear about the bad mishap plumberton, but Channel Isands is still a very good landing. Sure theres mishaps like these but thats fishing.
Just so you Know, I'm no novice when it comes to fishing the sport fleet in So. Ca.
I've know that sometimes the boats have problems.
I've been left standing at the dock when I had thought I was going fishing more than the times I mentioned here but I was always treated like the landing valued my patronage.
And look again, that's two out of two trips.
I don't even have to rely on Charters or party boats to fish our local waters and Islands. I own my own 24" sport fisher. I just happen to like supporting the local fleet and some times it's nice to let someone else do all the work.

sansou
07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Sounds like poor business practices from that landing.

Everyone knows sometimes the operators run into last minute unexpected boat problems, or what-not. The telltale key to me is what they do to follow-up and assist their patrons.

In this case, it sounds like they didn't give a crap.

Thanks for reporting that here. It's what makes this board that much more informative.