PDA

View Full Version : In Search of T/O and Pat's Toads

FSHNLIC
02-09-2010, 06:00 PM
This is a little bit of a late post but still wanted to share. A few weeks ago when I came across T/O and Pat's post on the Toads they caught on the Lower Owens, I was thinking to myself, man...I know exactly where that is. I hit up PissOnMySpace and did a one day Lower Owens and PVR trip. We hit up a couple spots in search of some nice Brown's prior to where T/O and Pat slayed the Toads. Unfortunately, not even a bite. We finally get to the spot and throw everything but the kitchen sink at em.
PissOnMySpace finally hooks up with a nice 3-4 lbr which breaks off his 2lb test. After that no more bites. We continue up 395 and hit a few more spots with just a couple bites and no hook-ups. We decide to hit up the PowerPlant section where the River enters PVR to see if there was any spawning action. We caught a few smaller fish with no signs of any big spawners. We then work our way down to PVR. First cast PissOnMySpace hooks into a beast pulling drag. After a nice battle he lands about a 5lb Alpers take a picture and release. He caught the fish on a small brown trout rapala. We landed a couple more small ones but the bite on the day was overall really tough. Blaming this one on the full moon. Enjoy the pics. Hey T/O, have you fished any of the re-watered section of the Lower O, and if so, I was curious to any success you may have had....

JAG107
02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Great post, looks like a successful trip. I can't wait to get back up there.

Sierra_Smitty
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Nice job! And that big 'bow is a BEAUTY....great looking fish fo sho. Congrats.

diamondbear
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Your a brave one for heading up to that icebox to explore . GREAT looking fish , thanks for reporting .

TroutOnly
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
youre buddy got one of the alpers they just planted, they will be doing more before the blake jones derby ,they used to do more but the locals fish the pvr hard cause they know the stocking shecdule.the river south of the tinnemaha res is where the toads came from, ive got really fish the area alot over the last ten yrs cause im constatly working up there.brown trout and raainbow patterns are a must up there, pat likes the lures more i like the crawlers and crickets better, i do more lure fishing when im trolling crowley or other trout lakes,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

FSHNLIC
02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the info T/O. I know exactly where the toads came from.... I've caught several toads myself there over the years. I have a few spots south of tinnemaha that I hit hard in search of a DD Brown. I've caught several in the 3-5lb range all CNR over the last 15 years but no DD to date. I know they're around, but those bad boys like to come out and play at night!! I'm sure we must of ran into each other at some point over the last 20 years...

Piss on Myspace
02-13-2010, 03:55 PM
yes sir, cheers for drivin mang i appreciate it. I can still hear the drag screamin. weather wasn't to bad but DONT mention the "W". Good trip man, quality over quantity (@ least 4 me anyways haha). Now we wait till March. BT raps and pms all day! did you hit up any streams on Saturday?

FSHNLIC
02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Any time....... hit up Cleghorn today and worked it down to Silverwood. Water looks nice but only came across one pair of spawners. Doesn't look like they're up there yet. Silverwood is waaay low and may have something to do with it. Will have to check out Miller's another time