PDA

View Full Version : where to go fishing?

tony..
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
hey there..me and my dad go fishing every weekend we can..the past 6 times we've gone we've caught nothing..not even a nibble..:Crying:..we've gone to beaches and lakes..we live around north hollywood ..anybody know a place we'd probrobly catch something??.. i hear some people catching in castaic , perris ,the ducts and some other places.. anybody have any good spots we can get a few??
thx!:Envious:

catfish 17
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
hey there..me and my dad go fishing every weekend we can..the past 6 times we've gone we've caught nothing..not even a nibble..:Crying:..we've gone to beaches and lakes..we live around north hollywood ..anybody know a place we'd probrobly catch something??.. i hear some people catching in castaic , perris ,the ducts and some other places.. anybody have any good spots we can get a few??

if youre willing to got o a pay lake then corona would be a good choice, but make sure you use some kinda scented bait to put on your'e powerbait because the water is a little murky right now and that makes the trout not see the bait.

Fire Ball
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
You probably won't have a better chance at any other location. You just need some tips and time on the water to start catching fish. I might be able to help out with some questions and if I can't, I'm sure others can. Just concentrate on one species and location for now and get some tips.

fisherman from long beach
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
try the big lake to the west,hit up redondo beach king harbor,or try your luck with some spotted bass in n.p.h.or go out on a half day boat.i prefer salt over fresh any day.fish fight harder from the ocean,imho.fisherman from longbeach

tony..
02-09-2010, 05:11 PM
cool..thx alot..i think i might head over to corona with my dad..hadnt ever heard of it but after checking out im sure we can catch something..lol
if not..next saturday well go over to the ducts n try our luck there..althought if anyone know any good spots there id appreciate it..

Fire Ball
02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
cool..thx alot..i think i might head over to corona with my dad..hadnt ever heard of it but after checking out im sure we can catch something..lol
if not..next saturday well go over to the ducts n try our luck there..althought if anyone know any good spots there id appreciate it..

From what I have heard, you don't want to try the duct unless you can devote a lot of time to it or you have some expirience already. It is a hard thing to fish and many guys get skunked a bunch of times before they finally get their reward. I'll let the duct experts tell you more, lol.

Trout-Chaser
02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
If you want to try the duct for stripers, check this guy's site:
http://www.aqueductfishing.zoomshare.com/

Inspirational photos, tips, etc. This guy's been fishing there all his life!

old pudd fisher
02-10-2010, 08:29 PM
If you want to try the duct for stripers, check this guy's site:
http://www.aqueductfishing.zoomshare.com/

Inspirational photos, tips, etc. This guy's been fishing there all his life!

Yes thats striper bill, He would post all the time. Wonder were he went ?

adriiiian
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM

hey tony.you guys will probably have fun catching some tilapia at balboa lake which is like a couple min from north hollywood.castaic lake is a good place but you have to start learning more and have more experience.you gotta know species weather everything that affects fishing.if your looking for a spot to catch some fish and spend timewith your dad, balboa lake is good.just use worms and u should be fine.theres also a large population of carp and yu can get those on corn.if you have more questions man just pm me no problem ill be glad to help

wackyrigged
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Balboa lake is all right i got one on a rapala the pier is always good for some little ones at least i go to ventura but malibu is fine as well.I think they stocked hansen dam recently ive always been skunked there tho.BTW I talked to striper bill the other day and the duct isnt ready to explode just yet it is a tuff fishery but if you find the sweet spots on magical days/nights one of the best places to be fishing 20 lb. catfish and drag exausting 50 striper nights personally.