PDA

View Full Version : NPH 2/6 and 2/7

HESBROS
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Saturdays Report:
Saturday late morning I decided to hit up in NPH in the rain. I arrived at 1400 in very light rain conditions and got suited up and got to work. Fishing was not all that great but I got a few spotties, the rain got heavy at times but no biggie.

Here are some pics.

First one of the day.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2013.jpg

My Texas rig was not producing as nuch so I switched to a swimbait after Steve whooped me last Monday throwing a swimmie.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2014.jpg

Seems that is what they wanted.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2015.jpg

Hmmm Pot of Spots under the rainbow?
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2018.jpg

Last one of the night.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2020.jpg

Sundays Report:

We had plans to take our friend Ralf hooping Sunday night but we decided against it Sunday morning due to all the debris that was washed down into LB from the rain. I decided I was going to hit NPH up again and Ralf decided to join me for his first ever NPH on foot trip. I let a few others know and Jason and Tess said they would see us down there.

Ralf and I arrived about 1630 and went to find Jason and Tess. We found them and they had already got a few. Was not long and Jason got a very nice fish.

Nice one!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2021.jpg

Tess decided she wanted a nice fish too and gave Jason a run for his money.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2025.jpg

Her fish choked this little fish up!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2024.jpg

Ralf did not take long to catch on and got his first spottie, not a big one, but a spottie!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2026.jpg

Jason and another nice one!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2027.jpg

Ralf and another little bigger model.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2028.jpg

Things really slowed down after dark but Ralf got one more. he said was too small for a pic!

All in all not the best conditions but we did get a few fish.

Late Eddie

murrieta angler
02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Right On!!
I was wondering if anyone was going to hit the water this weekend. Good job getting on the spotties. Thanks for the report and pics.
'Robert

Fishbones
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice job on the report...some nice spotties.....those things fight hard...

cjmedina
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
good job on the spotties. Glad to see some people are out in the rain and are catching fish

fisherman from long beach
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
that second one jasuun got is a nice spottie.

blackberg
02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
nice again
-bb

hoytrecurver
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Nice catch everyone! What part of NPH do you guys fish at. I've been wanting to walk around but haven't had the time.

Newfishsmell
02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Way to "get em"...
rain or shine , I like it...

DockRat
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Good looking Spotties Eddie and Co. :Worship:

I'm curious why you guys like to give it up ???

Do you guys not worry about Lurkers coming with 5 gallon buckets ?
NPH with background Pics. Website after website always talks about being ' Discrete ' and use caution when displaying background pics.

You do what you want but the manner of giving up locations with background pics will onle help to deplete stock and put Spotties in gunny sacks.

What about having the pic taken in a downward angle with the angler on one knee. (sandy backround) and calling the location
OC ??? I'm sure the locals down there would not be pleased with your post. I've never fished NPH but Newbies, Lurkers and guys like Jon Apothe.r from the Valley will come and deplete stock.

From FNN website. Public Forums
Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public forums becomes public information. You should exercise CAUTION when deciding to disclose your personal information.

Just one guys advice not trying to PO anyone.
DR

fisherman from long beach
02-09-2010, 07:49 AM

NPH with background Pics. Website after website always talks about being ' Discrete ' and use caution when displaying background pics.

You do what you want but the manner of giving up locations with background pics will onle help to deplete stock and put Spotties in gunny sacks.

What about having the pic taken in a downward angle with the angler on one knee. (sandy backround) and calling the location
OC ??? I'm sure the locals down there would not be pleased with your post. I've never fished NPH but Newbies, Lurkers and guys like Jon Apothe.r from the Valley will come and deplete stock.

Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public forums becomes public information. You should exercise CAUTION when deciding to disclose your personal information.

DR

ive fished nph quit a bit,and i have seen people with buckets with sandies never spotties.but when you post nph you can pretty much fish anywhere.you cant hide the fact.all the background look the same to me.keep the post's comming from np.it's one of my favorites place to fish and i really enjoy reading the threads,and i also enjoy the bug reports so keep them comming also.and i respect you d.r for trying to keep things on a hush,but you dont fish there so dont worry about it.

Jaysuuun
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM

DR

DR, I totally understand where you're coming from, but there are so many docks in NPH it is very difficult for someone to pinpoint the same exact docks in the picture unless they have fished there before. I've seen many poachers in NPH, and I'm glad to say that I have not found anyone fishing in my favorite hole yet. They seem to favor the wide beachy areas with bucketfuls of croaker and sargo. :Neutral:.

The last thing we want to do is deplete the spottie population, that's why we CPR everything we catch.:Cool:
BTW who is Jon Apother?

cjmedina
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
DR, I totally understand where you're coming from, but there are so many docks in NPH it is very difficult for someone to pinpoint the same exact docks in the picture unless they have fished there before. I've seen many poachers in NPH, and I'm glad to say that I have not found anyone fishing in my favorite hole yet. They seem to favor the wide beachy areas with bucketfuls of croaker and sargo. :Neutral:.

The last thing we want to do is deplete the spottie population, that's why we CPR everything we catch.:Cool:
BTW who is Jon Apother?
jon apother is the guy who caught the black sea bass off the new port pier

Jaysuuun
02-09-2010, 08:14 PM
jon apother is the guy who caught the black sea bass off the new port pier

Thanks, I watched a video clip about that a few days ago, just couldn't remember the guy's name.

Tesserz
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
thanks for taking and posting our pics, eddie! how late did you end up staying that night?? :LOL: we'll remember to wear our waders next time we go out there... especially with a rising tide! luckily it didn't get too high... we were still able to hit plenty of good spots. :Big Grin:

What about having the pic taken in a downward angle with the angler on one knee. (sandy backround) and calling the location OC ??? I'm sure the locals down there would not be pleased with your post. I've never fished NPH but Newbies, Lurkers and guys like Jon Apothe.r from the Valley will come and deplete stock.

I agree with the others... the pics with the background of docks/boats are usually unspecific... they really could be anywhere in the harbor. It's no secret that spotties are found at NPH so it probably isn't necessary to say OC as the location, IMO of course. As far as the locals not being pleased with the posts, I think that goes back to the unspecified locations, plus it isn't illegal to fish those areas, as far as I know. And in regards to getting down on one knee for a pic in the sometimes nasty, gooey wet sand/mud... that's a negative for me! :LOL: But I hope your post doesn't offend anyone, cauz I think we all know where you're coming from. :Cool:

ldsaylor
02-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the Report and pics you guys and girl! You are landing some nice model spotties from shore around the harbor lately. That is really good to see! I got about 2 more weeks of busy work then the kayak is going in to try my hand at a some of those.

DockRat, I do understand none of us want poachers taking spotties out of NPH. But coming from a guy that has lived on the harbor for 5 years now.. there are endless amounts of boats and docks. It would be impossible for the average angler to decipher where these pics were taken. And it is common knowledge that these harbors hold spotties.. but to catch alot of spotties you really do have to know what you are doing out there.. And from the reading I have done the group in this post knows how its done, along with several others I see posting on FNN. (You all know who you are)

One final note.. Major props to the anglers on here that promote catch and release.. Especially with spotties in the harbors. Keep up the great work and great report once again Hesbros!

Wingnut
02-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Very nice... you guys got those Spotties dialed in!
Eddie, UPS package coming your way next week. :Wink:

HESBROS
02-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Very nice... you guys got those Spotties dialed in!
Eddie, UPS package coming your way next week. :Wink:

Awesome Arthur, I cant wait! We have till St. Patty's day to get you out on a lobster trip. Let me me know a weekend that you can get off work early on a saturday and we will hoop Sat night then you can go fish Sunday.

flyngby
02-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Eddie, Ralf, Jaysuuun, Tess!

I know where every on of those docks while on the Spotted Fever!!!! Now if only I could find them form shore.

Thanks for the Report and pics you guys and girl! You are landing some nice model spotties from shore around the harbor lately. That is really good to see! I got about 2 more weeks of busy work then the kayak is going in to try my hand at a some of those.

DockRat, I do understand none of us want poachers taking spotties out of NPH. But coming from a guy that has lived on the harbor for 5 years now.. there are endless amounts of boats and docks. It would be impossible for the average angler to decipher where these pics were taken. And it is common knowledge that these harbors hold spotties.. but to catch alot of spotties you really do have to know what you are doing out there.. And from the reading I have done the group in this post knows how its done, along with several others I see posting on FNN. (You all know who you are)

One final note.. Major props to the anglers on here that promote catch and release.. Especially with spotties in the harbors. Keep up the great work and great report once again Hesbros!

I spend alot of time in the harbor and in fact showed these spots to them on my boat! They have just become creative as to how to fish these spots that are not very accesable to those without imagination!

Great work out there Team Berkley and Bass Pro Shops!!!

Steve