PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone local (castaic lake) that fish's carp

Ray Lopez
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey just wanted to throw this out.

I have been wanting to figure out the gold bass fishing techniques. Just confused about some of the stuff that i have been told or have researched myself.

Just wondering if any of you that do allot of carp fishing in the castaic area or somewhere some what local to this area within 80 miles that would not mine teaching a rookie carp man. I have caught some big boys in the past but never really targeted them.

I see many different styles of homemade baits that just slay um but i have been so involved with LMB fishing for the last 4 years that i have lost allot of what i used to know.

Last year i hooked into a 20+ pounder in the lower lagoon fishing meal worms and some bread from my sandwich (i was bass fishing and came across a bunch of massive carp i guess spawning and rolling all over this reed bed) I lost him in the reeds since i was fishing with my 2# setup. ever since then i have had the want to catch some of these monsters.

FYI: if there are people that just want to chime in and tell me how crappy carp is and to kill them off "Please do not reply".

Any info will be much appreciated.

catfish 17
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey just wanted to throw this out.

I have been wanting to figure out the gold bass fishing techniques. Just confused about some of the stuff that i have been told or have researched myself.

Just wondering if any of you that do allot of carp fishing in the castaic area or somewhere some what local to this area within 80 miles that would not mine teaching a rookie carp man. I have caught some big boys in the past but never really targeted them.

I see many different styles of homemade baits that just slay um but i have been so involved with LMB fishing for the last 4 years that i have lost allot of what i used to know.

Last year i hooked into a 20+ pounder in the lower lagoon fishing meal worms and some bread from my sandwich (i was bass fishing and came across a bunch of massive carp i guess spawning and rolling all over this reed bed) I lost him in the reeds since i was fishing with my 2# setup. ever since then i have had the want to catch some of these monsters.

FYI: if there are people that just want to chime in and tell me how crappy carp is and to kill them off "Please do not reply".

Any info will be much appreciated.

I fish for carp at corona lake. I use a home made bait that includes jello(strawberry) and some weet, and of course some water. Its a good bait, and it doesn't fall from the hook easily.

Fire Ball
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I kind of want to catch carp at the Lagoon too. Ever since Robo Bass broke off on a huge one I have been wanting to catch one! I will just catch one big one and then I will be fine, haha.

trail blazer
02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not our RAY LOPEZ.

J/K,,,,,,,,,,Those things pull like a truck
Good luck ray!!,,,,,,let us know how it turn,s out

Ray Lopez
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not our RAY LOPEZ.

J/K,,,,,,,,,,Those things pull like a truck
Good luck ray!!,,,,,,let us know how it turn,s out

lol no worries i just want to expand my fishing skills. I will always love to catch monster bass but the carp get bigger on the lagoon and that is somthing i really want to experience.

Socal Bassman
02-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Many moons ago, an old friend showed me how to fish for carp using corn flour used for masa for bait. He and a few other carp guys told me that they are extremely line shy, so we mainly used 2-4lb. test mono. A reel with a flawless drag is a must when fishing for carp on light line.