PDA

View Full Version : Bad trip at the lagoon!!!!!! 2-8-10

Ray Lopez
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna make this short and sweet (well not really sweet)!!!

Get my gear head to the lake at about 8:30am

I get to the lake at about 9am. I launch out of paradise cove and make my way to tree point nice and slow with drop shot robo red crawler and peoples worm.

Once i get half way down to the first beach i stop to use the restroom. As i park the tube i notice that my rob holder keeps falling in the water. I stand up and squeeze my tube and well what do you know I'm half way to being flat as a pancake. I run in do my business get back in my flat tube and kick for my life back to the car. (I didn't feel like walking back to my car in waders and i had enough air to get back.)

I take the u bladder out of my sleeve and sure enough there is a nice 1/4 slit right at the main bladder seam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn the man!!! 3 years of service from my loyal tube and it finally got a hole. I went to sport chalet and got some aquaseal (a glue made to fix waders, and float tubes. I'm gonna be putting it on in a few minutes.

Lets see if i can doctor my baby back to health. Even when i told REZ on the phone his reply was "Damn that was your baby!!!" lol

wish me luck folks time for Dr. Ray Lo to due what he does best!!!!!!!

Hometown
02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
if that doesnt work try marine goo its the ****

Fire Ball
02-08-2010, 07:09 PM
That sucks! Hopefully you can repair it easily.

jerryG
02-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Just curious has anyone here ever tired using a bicycle tire patch for a float tube repair? If it can fix an intertube inside a tire it should work for float tube. Duck tape might provide a temporary fix. Interested in hearing what others have to say.

JerryG

seal
02-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Seems are very difficult to seal up permanently. You may just want to return it to the manufacturer and get a new one, a lot of the makes will replace it for free.

My friend uses bicycle patches for his tube, yes they work.

BPS sells a patch (in a orange container) that seals up pretty good and is instant so repairs can be made on shore. They would probably hold a small seam tear temporarily. When a patch is used I always use a little Coleman seam sealer around the edge of my patch to help hold it longer.

Ray Lopez
02-09-2010, 08:54 AM
well to clear it up it's not the seam itself it is right under the seam it seems easy enough i'm gonna try to fix it today since i ran out of time yesterday. I'll keep you guys updated if it works or not to make sure no one else buys a crappy product. I'm just glad i didn't sink lol!!!