PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on how to repiar a small hole on the bladder of my float tube?????

Ray Lopez
02-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Took my tube out today to the lagoon and sure enough about an hour in my tube was almost flat.

I took out the bladder and sure enough i found a small hole right along the main seam of the u shaped bladder for my tube.

I went to sport chalet and got this stuff called aquaseal
http://www.getyourflyright.com/shop/images/aquaseal.jpg

I'm gonna give this a try and i also got a basic vinyl cement and patch.

Not sure of the two to use. But i really hope i can repair this hole and not have to buy another tube.

Any tips from people who have dealt with this in the past will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

See Chris Fish
02-08-2010, 04:26 PM
That looks like WADER repair, not FLOAT TUBE repair. The materials that each are made of could be different. The wader repair kit may damage the float tube. My float tube came with a repair kit. Personally, I'd go back to the store and get a float tube repair kit. You don't want to damage the tube further by using an incorrect repair kit.

reelhigh
02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Just contact the company that made your tube and they should supply you with a new bladder free of charge. I contacted Outcast when my Fish Cat sprung a leak and they sent me a new one in a few days. I did patch the old bladder and used it until the new one showed up.

I had the same leak along the seam. Just spread the sealant across the seam and it should be fine.

fishinone
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I sent some of that aqua seal (just the glue) to a friend of mine who had a leak in the crotch seam of his waders:LOL:.

He worked the glue into the seam at the leak. It worked. The leak stopped and he's been using them for a few months now.

Fire Ball
02-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Just ask Geordy! :ROFL: He had some holes and rips in his tube and he fixed it up with some things that he found around the house, haha! My tube came with a little repair kit, so use the one that came with your tube if it came with one.

GeordyBass
02-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Just ask Geordy! :ROFL: He had some holes and rips in his tube and he fixed it up with some things that he found around the house, haha! My tube came with a little repair kit, so use the one that came with your tube if it came with one.
lol, i had(have) a tear on the end seam. I had to stich it up and put on PVC Epoxy from the home depot... worked ok but then I saw there was a hole on the top of that same tube!

BIGRED KILLA
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM

LMAO.......

Bigred

Ray Lopez
02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
That looks like WADER repair, not FLOAT TUBE repair. The materials that each are made of could be different. The wader repair kit may damage the float tube. My float tube came with a repair kit. Personally, I'd go back to the store and get a float tube repair kit. You don't want to damage the tube further by using an incorrect repair kit.

the one i have says it is for wader and float tubes and also to repair felt soles to bottom of wading boots.

lol, i had(have) a tear on the end seam. I had to stich it up and put on PVC Epoxy from the home depot... worked ok but then I saw there was a hole on the top of that same tube!

Im not that mexican lol

tankdog
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Bass Pro shops sell's a repair kit for five bucks. But i would contact the company that made your tube since hole is near seam they might replace. Anyway good luck.

sonarbp
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Just use the repair kit that came with your tube but make sure you clean the area around the hole very well before you try and patch it. I would make the patch at least 1/2" in diameter to insure a good patch.

Ray Lopez
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I have the Browning Fishing Stalker Float Tube http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/92000/92262.jpg

I called browning and they said that they have not made fishing gear for 10 to 12 years and that zebco bought out the name from them. I can't find any browning products from zebco anywhere on there site.

So i guess getting a replacement bladder is out of the question lol.

oh well im gonna just try to fix it.

Also i no longer have the kit that came with the tube seeing as i bought the tube over 3 years ago maybe closer to 4 years.

oh well!!!!!

sonarbp
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
You can find the repair kits at your local fly shop or even BPS online. Best to use a repair kit made for float tubes. Might want to check this site out......

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_45066_900005000_900000000_900005000_900-5-0