PDA

View Full Version : why haven't our local lakes been stocked?

dday07
02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
what is going on? the pudd hasn't been stocked in over a month.i see just orange and san diego counties have been the last 2 weeks.why are we charged 42 bucks a year for this? my friend pays 12 bucks a year in alabama and they have 10 times better fishing than we do here. next year i take my chances and go without a license..... screw them!

vanillagurilla
02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
dont worry they didnt stock any of the 4 O.C. lakes last week either. but im with you, as U.S. Citizens it should be our legal right to fish and hunt. if they dont want to put fish in or enforce there own laws, why should we support them?

carpanglerdude
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
+over9000...the fishing in the south is awesome, licenses are cheap too.

dday07
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
yeah....my friend lives on the coosa river and i visited her last april for a week and i could'nt stop fishing....spotted bass,lmb,striped bass,catfish,crappie,bluegill i caught plenty of all species.i can't wait to go back in june

Ifishtoolittle
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
what is going on? the pudd hasn't been stocked in over a month.i see just orange and san diego counties have been the last 2 weeks.why are we charged 42 bucks a year for this? my friend pays 12 bucks a year in alabama and they have 10 times better fishing than we do here. next year i take my chances and go without a license..... screw them!

If you want to avoid a several hundred dollar fine I would still buy a license to fish in Socal.

flytyingreloader
02-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Not a real specific answer concerning a particular lake.......but the rain and runoff can cause DFG to delay trout plants due to water quality issues and survival questions. This occurs in July and August at the Santa Ana River after summer thunderstorms, so might be taking place elsewhere after winter downpours.

jerryG
02-10-2010, 02:38 AM
dont worry they didnt stock any of the 4 O.C. lakes last week either. but im with you, as U.S. Citizens it should be our legal right to fish and hunt. if they dont want to put fish in or enforce there own laws, why should we support them?

I agree with your logic and I would certianly would not support the DFG if they refused to their job but that is not the case. If you put yourself in the shoes of a local DFG officer you would find that your faced with an impossible job. Trying to enforce a large region with little or no back up or resources. The DFG had no budget when the state had money and now that the state is broke they are cut even further. If you want someone to blame it should be the Governer.

The way I see it is the DFG is an investment. If you hire enough officers to provide and maintain a reasonable level enforcement the state is going to generate a lot more revenue money from citations and that would help cover the budget deficit from ramping up the department. Also the DFG should get all the money from the sales of fishing and hunting licenses. According to a DFG officer I spoke with recently he told me that although they get a portion of the money from license sales a lot of the money is used to fund other areas of government out side of the department. Total BS in my opinion. He also mentioned that the department recieves very little if any of the revenue generated from the citations they write.

JerryG

Jcco98
02-13-2010, 09:56 PM
CDFG gets a lot of money from mitigation from various developments throughout the state. They are like all government agencies....they only waste money.

They will only see less money as they jack the prices up and they discourage people from fishing.