PDA

View Full Version : Huskerrod and the DVL Full tail loid..bang,bang

HuskerRod
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
(Dedicated to BanginBob)

Huskerrod on the handle,

Arrived at the DVL, parked the Scion (actually Ford), and got this full tail lloyd..bang,bang. Okay, maybe not a full tail, but 2/3rd's of a tail...I rounded up. Didn't use live trout, the pics aren't fakes, and I was fishing on shore so the Trout was never in a livewell..bang, bang. Am not gonna even try to guestimate the weight either in hopes of keeping "arm chair circus weight guessers" and their "Haterade" at bay. The fish was quickly released to fight another day..bang, bang. Was using a P-stick spoon casted from shore. Anyone know where I can get more??

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC02101-1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC02100.jpg

Oh, yah and the fanny pack is not part of Halloween costume nor was I forced to wear it after losing a bet. I actually meant to wear it....bang, bang. Banginbob on the handle?????????

jmp_fishinn
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
nice catch man!
hopefully im able to hook into one sometime this week!

indymusky
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
nice fish man and good job of releasing a big fish back into the lake. i dont fish for them but im sure it will make someone happier when they catch it and its bigger. You sure you didnt catch it on a baby bass haha jj but great catch man congrats and keep your eye out for poachers their i heard theirs alot of them now

Santa Fe Eric
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Nice Fish! You went waaaay back with the Bangin Bob reset!
Great Photos!

Santa Fe Eric
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Nice Fish! You went waaaay back with the Bangin Bob reset!
Great Photos!

Oh yeah! I like the Fanny Pack! What is the inscription?

sansou
02-07-2010, 11:43 PM
At least eleventy four pounds.... I can tell. Nice job.

I can also tell the picture was taken circa 1985. The fanny pack...

SEA ADDICTION
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM

That thing is huge man, congrats! Did you think you hooked a toad bass at first?

TroutOnly
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
yep rod p-stick has some of mine he gave me from a long time ago hes supposed to paint them but i dont know anymore,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice stocker trout,,,,,,,,,,,,

bassgrabber1
02-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Nice catch!! Awesome fish...congrats .....oh yeah and um....bang bang!!!!!

Big Country
02-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Love the Bangin Bob resurrection HR! There were some classic threads back in the day of him spouting off about his steroid trout accomplishments.

"Bangin Bob here - caught this 18lber on 2 lb with a 1 lb leader and had it to shore in under 2 minutes"

"Bangin Bob out!"

wellbilldancesays
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Nice catch congrats, BUT!

That trout is probably 2-3 pounds max , really no big deal. If you weren't stretching your arms out it would look ALOT smaller.

Full tail? 3/4 tail? Yeah right! Which leads me to believe you didn't even catch that at DVL, most likely one of the pay lakes.

Also since your most likely being dis- honest I really doubt you caught that on a Pstick spoon, those are so rare now nobody in their right mind would throw one from shore. Most likely caught on live shad or powerbait.

The real smoking gun is the fanny pack, NEVER! EVER! trust an angler wearing a fanny pack.

Still a nice catch though.

Nessie Hunter
02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Bangin Rod, on the wire!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Good job man... Sweet looking big trout.. Congrats..

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah! I like the Fanny Pack! What is the inscription?

Beleive it or not it is from a Hollywood blockbuster movie from the early 90's called "The Parent Trap". I think they got the actors from community playhouse and the movies budget consisted of funds primarily collected through recycling bottles and cans....hehehehe

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Actually I had a similar fanny pack in the 80's, but unfortunately instead of spending quality time back then fishing I wasted it hanging around at the malls and spending a hard earned fortune at the local arcade. I also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get with a girl at local photo booth and I didn't even own a camera.

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
That thing is huge man, congrats! Did you think you hooked a toad bass at first?

No it pratically walked on water when I first hooked it so I knew................Trout!! I guess it could have bee worse....carp

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 12:00 PM

That trout is probably 2-3 pounds max , really no big deal. If you weren't stretching your arms out it would look ALOT smaller.

Full tail? 3/4 tail? Yeah right! Which leads me to believe you didn't even catch that at DVL, most likely one of the pay lakes.

Also since your most likely being dis- honest I really doubt you caught that on a Pstick spoon, those are so rare now nobody in their right mind would throw one from shore. Most likely caught on live shad or powerbait.

The real smoking gun is the fanny pack, NEVER! EVER! trust an angler wearing a fanny pack.

If any of you Trout tourni boys want to refute this catch or accuse me of using live Bass, go ahead. Just expect a turd to be floating in your livewell first chance I get when your not looking with a wad of paper from your paper graff laying on the console....post wipe usage.....hehehehehe

CL SmooV
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Nice Catch...

....and go BIG RED.

I'm a huge husker fan myself, but a true TROJAN at heart. Fight On.

Smoov

Troutman65
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Nice Throw back Banging Bob report. Really nice trout from shore. Congrats

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice Catch...

....and go BIG RED.

I'm a huge husker fan myself, but a true TROJAN at heart. Fight On.

Smoov

CL Smoov,

I llove the 'skers. They are my favorite college team and my alma mater (class of 1997). My favorite pro team changes yearly and is who ever wins the Supr Bowl..hehehehhe

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
This thread is a "Drama Free" zone and unfortunately wil probably die a quick death without even 1,000 hits and will probably be relegated to the bottom of the page or worse, page two before even the end of the week. Where's "Breeze" and some of the others calling people out when you really need them...hehehehhe.

bruce watson
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Rod, good job on catching a fish. As I recall, you're about 4' 6''. That makes the fish about 14 inches long. I gotta go check the DFG chart. As for the P-stick lures, I have several in my tacklebox. Mike either sold them or gave them to me to try out at DVL back when it first opened. Wait, he might have just got through repainting them and wanted me to deliver them to somebody. I don't remember. They're old now, so I don't think they'll work anymore anyway.

Don't let these guys tease you about that fanny pack. Of course the way you wear it, it's more of a ball sack. That is, if you were an umpire in baseball. Anyway, it looks like it's got something in it. I'm glad your wife loaned you something to put in your ball sack after all these years you've been married.

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Why you I outta!!!!!!!!!

steve092
02-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Nice trout.

I think I might have to take a trip out there soon.

SEA ADDICTION
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Is this guy for real? I thought i was the only one around here who caught hell for posting a good report....

troutdog
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice looking trout Rod, now I'm wondering where MY fanny pack is! :Cool:

Is this guy for real? I thought i was the only one around here who caught hell for posting a good report....

Bill has taken one too many foul balls on the chin :LOL:

TD

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
That's nothing guys. One guy accused me of using live Bass....hehehehehehe

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=troutdog;430001]Nice looking trout Rod, now I'm wondering where MY fanny pack is! :Cool:

Troutdog,

I found my fanny pack in a box in my closet of assorted 80's items i.e. rubics cube, pile of arcade coins, Depeche Mode Cassette tape, and a Fast Times at Ridgemont High laser disc. Their was actually a candy bar in the pack....3 Musketeers.

SEA ADDICTION
02-08-2010, 08:32 PM
that's nothing guys. One guy accused me of using live bass....hehehehehehe

lmao........

indymusky
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
when i said where u using baby bass i was joking cuz all the drama on some other post about this guy that uses live trout. i was just saying keep your eye out cuz i heard it is a normal thing to do at diamond now and we should try and do everything to stop it and report it if you see it happening out their .I know you werent using a live bass haha thats why i said jj. which mean just joking but it is a great catch and it is def way bigger then 2 or 3 pounds. and that is most def at diamond valley

PONTOON
02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Rod, that is one nice fish! Congratulations!:Thumbs Up:

Now as far as Peestick spoons.........I've still got the very first spoon that Mike sent me to try out. He sent me two and I gave one to Trout Only the day we were trolling the West Dam - Saddle Dam area. It was a slow day and we thought "What the Heck' let's give 'em a try" We weren't in the water five minutes and it was fish-on all afternoon!
I still have that lure and twenty to thirty more.........All Mine!:LOL:

Congrats again Rod!

HuskerRod
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
when i said where u using baby bass i was joking cuz all the drama on some other post about this guy that uses live trout. i was just saying keep your eye out cuz i heard it is a normal thing to do at diamond now and we should try and do everything to stop it and report it if you see it happening out their .I know you werent using a live bass haha thats why i said jj. which mean just joking but it is a great catch and it is def way bigger then 2 or 3 pounds. and that is most def at diamond valley

Indy,

Oh, I knew you were joking. That was a good line....live bass. I was just kidding back with that above post. That other gentlemen above, wellbilldancesays, was joking around as well. This post and thread is one hundred percent light hearted I guarantee you that.

However, I pretty naive and never realized the extent of the problem coming to the surface about the live trout as bait. I've never seen it at the DVL before, but I guess never really looked for it.

THIS THREAD IS A DRAMA FREE ZONE!!!!!!!

Stormcrow
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
DUDE THIS PIC IS FAKE...NICE PHOTOSHOP NOOB....YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD CATCH FISH THAT BIG...WHAT SORT OF ILLEGAL, LIVE BAIT DID YOU GET THAT ON CHEATER!!!!!

Just kidding bro, that thing is beautiful! Congrats on a huge fish! You mentioned you released it? Dont those triploid fish have heart attacks when you catch them?

Again...very nice.

TroutOnly
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
HEY ROD CAN I USE YOURE FANNYPACK SO I CAN HIT YOU THE SHIN THEN WHEN YOU BEND OVER YOURE HAT WILL FALL OFF AND I CAN STEAL IT AND GIVE IT A REAL HUSKERHOME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Axtaully rod i lied i have two boxes full of all kinds of p-sticks his rainbow and brown trout patterns still kill the big trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,his big shad lure has wacked so many bass i couldnt even count them all,,,,,,,,,,,when the shads up that lure rocks,,,,,

fishmounter
02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Nice Rod! (If you gotta catch stocked trout, that's a nice one. I'm spoiled, been to Alaska..) 2/3rds of a tail and 1/4 of a dorsal! I have rebuilt so many tails and fins on big trout. Once in a great while, you'll see a big one that has perfect fins.

flytyingreloader
02-08-2010, 11:35 PM
NICE trout, Husker--and the CPR was a class move, too. Good on ya!

Drama-free is NICE.

wellbilldancesays
02-09-2010, 06:27 AM
I wasn't joking and that fanny pack sucks.

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I wasn't joking and that fanny pack sucks.

Guys almost a 1,000 hits and no drama with the exception of a few comments on the fanny pack..hehehehehe. Lets keep it going gang only 4,000 more hits to go.

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Nice Rod! (If you gotta catch stocked trout, that's a nice one. I'm spoiled, been to Alaska..) 2/3rds of a tail and 1/4 of a dorsal! I have rebuilt so many tails and fins on big trout. Once in a great while, you'll see a big one that has perfect fins.

Fishmounter,

Trout are suppose to have tails??????? hehehehe By the way mounter, what the story and weight of that bass in you avatar..bearded guy?????

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:41 AM
HEY ROD CAN I USE YOURE FANNYPACK SO I CAN HIT YOU THE SHIN THEN WHEN YOU BEND OVER YOURE HAT WILL FALL OFF AND I CAN STEAL IT AND GIVE IT A REAL HUSKERHOME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

T.O.,

Take anything except the lucky Husker hat. Strip me to my whity tighies, take everything. Heck, take the tighties, but please, please not the hat....hehehehhe

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM
DUDE THIS PIC IS FAKE...NICE PHOTOSHOP NOOB....YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD CATCH FISH THAT BIG...WHAT SORT OF ILLEGAL, LIVE BAIT DID YOU GET THAT ON CHEATER!!!!!

Just kidding bro, that thing is beautiful! Congrats on a huge fish! You mentioned you released it? Dont those triploid fish have heart attacks when you catch them?

Again...very nice.

Hey "Crow", I'm not sure that heart attack stuff is true and only stuff of urban legend. After I released the Trout it floated away just great.....on its side......hehehehehe. Just kidding!!!! Just kidding!!!!!

bassgrabber1
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Ha ha ha ....those little stockers always die though......I'm sure your fat back was cool.

Hog Caller
02-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Rod,

You're tooo funny. I can't wait to meet you in person at DVL one day.

Nice fish and props on the release. I'd guess you pulled that fish out of Irvine Lake, then carried it to DVL in that fanny pack, just to take the photo....haha

Brent

wellbilldancesays
02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Rod,

I'd guess you pulled that fish out of Irvine Lake, then carried it to DVL in that fanny pack, just to take the photo....haha

Brent

Ah yes.... now that fanny pack makes sense!

Trout-Slayer77
02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
could someone post a pic of a p-stick spoon lure ?

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Rod,

You're tooo funny. I can't wait to meet you in person at DVL one day.

Nice fish and props on the release. I'd guess you pulled that fish out of Irvine Lake, then carried it to DVL in that fanny pack, just to take the photo....haha

Brent

Brent,

Just look for the red hat and fanny pack. Sometimes I even wear two fanny packs. Expect a handshake and pat on the back just because.

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
could someone post a pic of a p-stick spoon lure ?

slayer,

I the last one I had I lost the same day. Vry sad indeed!!!!. Anybody have a picture?? Man, they look awesome. Slayer, Im at work. When I get home I'll post a photobucket picture if I still have it. I might have deleted it though..oops.

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Ah yes.... now that fanny pack makes sense!

Hey billdance,

Between the yo-yo, bag of moms homemade chicken fried steak, pack of condemns, numbchucks, and deck of playin' cards that fanny pack is almost at capacity the way it is.

Trout-Slayer77
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
slayer,

I the last one I had I lost the same day. Vry sad indeed!!!!. Anybody have a picture?? Man, they look awesome. Slayer, Im at work. When I get home I'll post a photobucket picture if I still have it. I might have deleted it though..oops.

cool thanks man ! do they look anything like thomas buoyant spoons ? i cant find anything online about p-stick lures

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Incidentally gang that is the only Trout I've caught out of DVL in a very long time. I've even spent considerable time targeting holdovers deep with plenty of success, but not on the Trout. Granted, I'm no TO, but you think eventually I'd stumble across at least one Trout ravaged with starvation or blind with rage. No, nothing, nada, I'm not sure where the holdovers went. Anybody know???? A Stripers stomach???? Out of the lake on a stringer???

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
cool thanks man ! do they look anything like thomas buoyant spoons ? i cant find anything online about p-stick lures

No, they are cut flat, slightly twisted to resemble a Shad with shinny paint and sparkle. The swim is just like a Shad.

kewlwhip
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Nice 3/4 tail trout! C&R'd hopefully it'lll grow and be safe from the BIG fish in there...
pstick lures- i have a few of those put away-

HEY DVL- try to stock MORE DD trout- lets see them GROW to some monster full tails-TEETH MUNCHERS! lolz That way the "other" bigggger fishies wont eat em all up!!! :Wink:

diamondbear
02-09-2010, 07:49 PM
All the Holdover rainbow trout are HIDING with the Brown Trout , lol lol

TroutOnly
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Heres that p-stick guy and lures,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_1544pppppppppppp--------2222222.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/DSCN0163PPPPP-STIVK-2222222222.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/DSCN0164P-STICK-111111.jpg

pstick in all his greatness,,,,man i miss that guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishmounter
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Rod.. Not trying to jack your thread, but here's that bass. It was the Japanese record a couple of years ago. 19 lbs. I might have posted it before here on FNN..
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/JapanrecordLMB.jpg

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Here's another pic of a P-stick spoon next to a DVL Shad. Can you guess which one is the spoon and which one is the Shad..hehehhehee

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC01992.jpg

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
That's a dandy Fishmounter. My next trophy I want you to do the work. You still backed up until the new millenium????

TO,

That reminds of days gone by when I would droole reading all your guys' Trout reports from DVL back in the day. Their was days I couldn't even spit by the end of the day from all the pics and great stories. And to think all I had to do was drive down the street and jump in a rental. My have things changed. Where or where have the holdovers gone? Oh where oh where I ask? Where?????

TroutOnly
02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I know and after the winter passes and the lake settles down i will show you,,,,,,,,,its hard waiting,,,,,,,,,,

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 08:50 PM
This is the kind of stuff I catch now when I target the holdovers..............holdover carp

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC01734-1.jpg

pwynn
02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
NOW rod you did release that right? if you would have put it in the livewell with the aerator on, it would have been good to go in a few??/ SO it is swimming in DVL right???? it better be my friend

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Actually the carp got released after its 10-seconds of fame and a photo-op. I'll explain the details to you when I see you at either Wendys where I'll most likely be inhaling a chicken breast sandwich, baked potatoe, and a double stack on the side, or in the aisles at Walmart...produce section.

pwynn
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
i am talking about the trout.... it is swimming in dvl? as dfor the carp that aint dvl. that is in some state you dont have to pay to fish..

HuskerRod
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
The Carp was from Minnesota. The Trout is swimming in cooking oil. No, no just kidding. Everything I catch has to go "bye bye". Wife has a strick "No Fish to be Brought Home (ever) Policy". The last instructions I gave the Trout was to go suspend in 150 feet of water or so and not to re-show himself until he is full tailed, hook jawed, and 10-15 pounds.

wellbilldancesays
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Yeah Pstick is cool. I tried sending him a PM but he's no longer a member here wonder why?

pwynn
02-10-2010, 06:15 AM
The Carp was from Minnesota. The Trout is swimming in cooking oil. No, no just kidding. Everything I catch has to go "bye bye". Wife has a strick "No Fish to be Brought Home (ever) Policy". The last instructions I gave the Trout was to go suspend in 150 feet of water or so and not to re-show himself until he is full tailed, hook jawed, and 10-15 pounds.

good... thats what i wanted to hear

TroutOnly
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Sorry billdance but hes still a member ,we talk here and there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wellbilldancesays
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry billdance but hes still a member ,we talk here and there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ahh yes I see he's back now.

Trout-Slayer77
02-10-2010, 11:40 AM
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_1544pppppppppppp--------2222222.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/DSCN0163PPPPP-STIVK-2222222222.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/TROUT/DSCN0164P-STICK-111111.jpg

Thanks for these pics TO ! those are some neat lures !

HuskerRod
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I'd love to give my "grubby mittens" on a few of those. Anybody have any scuba gear? The last one I had was lost off the northern most ladders on the DVL west dam.

yakker
02-10-2010, 05:28 PM
The last instructions I gave the Trout was to go suspend in 150 feet of water or so and not to re-show himself until he is full tailed, hook jawed, and 10-15 pounds.

Rod.. Not trying to jack your thread, but here's that bass. It was the Japanese record a couple of years ago. 19 lbs. I might have posted it before here on FNN..
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/JapanrecordLMB.jpg

Man thats insane, you're like the trout whisperer and the bass whisperer. Husker how can I catch one of them in the kayak?

HuskerRod
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah Pstick is cool. I tried sending him a PM but he's no longer a member here wonder why?

This is my last remaining memory of "Peestick" Mike. A psychodelic photo of him holding the "big one". Mike wherever you are I'm dedicating my next "Big One" to you buddy
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC01997.jpg

HuskerRod
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Yakker,

I'm more like the "Carp Whisperer".

DVL_Local
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Reading this made me dig into my trout box tonight... It's killing me though, I can't for the life of me find my "silverside" shad.

I asked him to make me a Brown for the Crowley opener one year. It came out great.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/dvl_local/PStick__001.jpg

He also gave this to me once at DV...Glow in the dark custom "shad" painted Yo-Zuri jig. Hit it with and LED and drop it down to 80'.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/dvl_local/PStick__002.jpg

So did he move out of state or something?

DVL_local

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
DVL_Loco..hehehehhe,

He is still around, but has discontinued production of P-stick spoons. In the meantime we are stuck with junk like "Thomas (not so) Buoyants" and "No need to try casting them they are too light" Needlefish. What I'd give for a silverside imitator right about now. What do you recommend, DVL_Loco?

WormFisher
02-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I have a silverside and another Shad spoon left Rod!

wellbilldancesays
02-11-2010, 10:00 AM
So did he move out of state or something?

DVL_local

No he just got bit by the hunting bug......
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/pstick.jpg

addict
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Very nice fish .I was there yesterday had no luck ,didnt use live trout either.Saw two guys who were though ,they had two stripers between 16 to 19 ,they thought they were all cool hi fiveing in the parking lot .Wheres the pride,to bad theres so many poachers there we have to tell people we didnt use live trout when we do get one.

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Very nice fish .I was there yesterday had no luck ,didnt use live trout either.Saw two guys who were though ,they had two stripers between 16 to 19 ,they thought they were all cool hi fiveing in the parking lot .Wheres the pride,to bad theres so many poachers there we have to tell people we didnt use live trout when we do get one.

Good work out their "addict" and good job in keeping it legal. Heck, if I got a 19-pounder I'd probably high five, kiss, hug, whatever..............and I'm not cool. You'll get 'em next time, buddy!!!!

You saw the two guys using live Trout? Where they near the front or hiding in a cove in the back?

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
No he just got bit by the hunting bug......
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/pstick.jpg

Usually when a guy disappears he got married, but hunting is usually my second choice

DarkShadow
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM

Was "bro" used every other word when they talked?

Call DFG on these guys next time.

Where or how did you see them using the live trout? Shouldve busted out the mini HD camcorder. Time to flush 'em out.

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Was "bro" used every other word when they talked?

Call DFG on these guys next time.

Where or how did you see them using the live trout? Shouldve busted out the mini HD camcorder. Time to flush 'em out.

So lets start to piece together our suspect.
#1. very emotional i.e. high fives
#2. partial to using the word "bro" to refer to other fellas

I'm still drawing a blank, bros.

DarkShadow
02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
So lets start to piece together our suspect.
#1. very emotional i.e. high fives
#2. partial to using the word "bro" to refer to other fellas

I'm still drawing a blank, bros.

Do you know if they were hanging around the marina in their underwear, bro?

If so, we may be able to connect them to this incident that we all remember fondly:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?38526-Alert%21%21-Neters-at-DVL%21%21

addict
02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I knew they were using trout because i heard them say so ,not to mention my buddy and i threw the whole gambit of proven lures at the exact same spot two minutes before they hooked up.You know how spooky stripers of that caliber are ,the only thing that would work after we motored and fished the same spot are live ones.

HuskerRod
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Do you know if they were hanging around the marina in their underwear, bro?

If so, we may be able to connect them to this incident that we all remember fondly:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?38526-Alert%21%21-Neters-at-DVL%21%21

Oh no, not this incident again. The "underwear bandits". I'd almost forgotten.

yakker
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I bet they're still up there

fishmounter
02-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Rod, Get that trophy Carp mounted in a replica, it's a dandy...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/mtd_carp_003-1-1.jpg

fishmounter
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Rod, Get that trophy Carp mounted in a replica, it's a dandy...

HuskerRod
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow..that is really cool. Man, you do good work. Outta sight!!! I never thought a Carp would look so cool mounted.

fishmounter
02-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Actually this is not my work, it was done by my friend Mike Kroessig of Marine Creations in Florida. It just shows you that a mounted carp can look pretty good. Carp really have some nice colors and beautiful large fins. I've done several large carp mounts through the years, and a few of them were done as "jokes", but when they saw the finished work, they thought differently.

bruce watson
02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow..that is really cool. Man, you do good work. Outta sight!!! I never thought a Carp would look so cool mounted.

Rod, That carp has the same look on his face that you had at your wedding reception when she announced that she wasn't pregnant after all. "Well, I otta". Almost 3000 views.

HuskerRod
02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Yah, this post won't go away. Its sort of one of those posts with a little bit of everything. Im not even sure what the original post was all about. That mounted Carp is sure neat as heck.

ART HILL
02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey Rod,

Remember the 10.3 # whiskered rubber lipped golden bass you caught with me. It had to be a bass, because you hooked it in the lips with a Morning Dawn plastic worm. What a memory. That thing towed us all around that lake.

HuskerRod
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh yah, I remember. I seem to have that "magic touch" when it comes to catching "oddball stuff" like that Carp (and on a Robo Morning Dawn worm to boot). One of the DVL regulars told me he is seeing huge Catfish and huge Carp up shallow in different areas on the lake. I'm gonna investigate tomorrow, and just for the heck of it, if I see one of these brutes I'm gonna drop a nightcrawler right in front of its "kisser" and see if it will give me good workout. Then I'll have to see if I still got it and am up for the task.

TroutOnly
02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
man fishmounter thats some artwork, i hate carp ,but you made look cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

DVL_Local
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
One of the DVL regulars told me he is seeing huge Catfish and huge Carp up shallow in different areas on the lake.

I found the same thing. One spot had about 10-15 Cats that looked from 8-10 pounds in about 5-10' of water. I can give GPS info if you would like. Almost made me want to head back to the Marina and get some bait.

DVL_Local

[Added]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/dvl_local/DV_Cats_Loc.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/dvl_local/DV_Cats_Loc2.png

HuskerRod
02-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Mark,

I might be going "Loco" here "local", but is that spot on the south side of the lake right before you get to the narrows, which then opens up to big lake, before you get to west dam. (Now if what I just said makes any sense to anybody you deserve a prize). If so, I was there today and saw one huge "submarine Carp" go by and just my luck, no catfish, just a bunch of Bass to 5-pounds.

HuskerRod
02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
man fishmounter thats some artwork, i hate carp ,but you made look cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Unfortunately the carp I catch aren't that neat goldfish orange color. They are either brownish tan or black. I want an orange one.

yakker
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM

I wish I had a california tan

fishmounter
03-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Here Rod, is this better?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/mtd_carp_003-1-2-1.jpg

muskyman
03-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Rod, when you pinch one off in someone's livewell, ..... do you then turn the aerator on, or just let it ferment ? Reminds me of a WON event I had at lake mead once, someone, who will remain unspoken, pinched one off on the back of the bass boat and it seemed to have " stuck " to the back of the boat and was still there when they loaded the boat on the trailer. You could say they had a " crappy " day.

On another note, lake michigan broke free of it's ice and the browns are going off. Some guy got a 27lber on a spoon in a harbor the other day. I walked the marina and got a small brown and saw several nice steelhead and browns. Smallies will be going off soon too. That is if the browns don't eat em !

HuskerRod
03-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Dave,

I only pinch one in the livewell with the boat owners permission. So far no one has given me permision.....hehehehehe.

That sounds like great fishing up there. Maybe i'll see you on the interstate in june. You'll be heading to Canada, me to Minnesota. If you see a bald guy, red beard, waving at you perfusely on the interstate, it's me.

HuskerRod
03-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Here Rod, is this better?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/mtd_carp_003-1-2-1.jpg

Yah, now that I recognize. I've fought many of those in over the years thinking I had the next world record bass. Good practice I guess!!!!

diamondbear
03-20-2010, 04:32 PM
THE FANNY PACK GAVE IT AWAY , lol BUT Nice Big fish anyway you look at it , good job .

BanginBob
03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
BanginBob on wire,

Thanks for the dedication! Awesome catch on the lloyd! Looks like you had a reel that went zzzzzzz! A rod that went BENDO like a tootsie roll pop, and a rush that you can only feel when you are about to kamakazie a intersection! Its a epic day to chalk on one in the books as Bang! Bang! Scion, LMAO! Retired that coffin and now like a fash in the past I am back in the saddle on another Ford Crew!

Congrats again and keep those postings going!

BanginBob out!

HuskerRod
03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
BanginBob on wire,

Thanks for the dedication! Awesome catch on the lloyd! Looks like you had a reel that went zzzzzzz! A rod that went BENDO like a tootsie roll pop, and a rush that you can only feel when you are about to kamakazie a intersection! Its a epic day to chalk on one in the books as Bang! Bang! Scion, LMAO! Retired that coffin and now like a fash in the past I am back in the saddle on another Ford Crew!

Congrats again and keep those postings going!

BanginBob out!

Banginbob back on the handle. Good to hear from you. Look forward to many lloyd reports.