PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 02/04..........

King Halibut
02-07-2010, 10:06 AM
FNN'er's,

Figured I would give it a try on the hopes we didn't drown Friday morning.
The old man came down and we packed up and headed to the lake. Got there right at 6 with only about
twenty cars in line.
Nice to know we weren't the only stupid ones.
Got to a spot a little further down the Santiago Flats side than I usually fish, but it looked promising.
Anyhow, with the amount of water now in the lake it was as flat a place as we could find.
Dad at 75 has a tough time walking down grades of much degree.
Anyway, we got set up and the bite was really slow. We tried damn near everything we had, even went to the store for some crawlers but they were out.
How do you run out of nightcrawlers? I guess a bunch of them had died.
So back to the fishing, dad finally hooks up about 8:30 and lands an okay fish probably a pound or so.
It wasn't until about 9:30 before I got my one and only, nicer fish about 2 1/2.
It rained off and on all morning, with the patrol finally asking everyone to move their cars to the blacktop around 10:00.
By that time it was pouring so we called it a day,
Two fishermen, two fish and a lot of time just sittin' and talkin'.

KH

paintsn
02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
fishing in the rain isnt stupid at all.. just show you how devoted you are...

well we got there on sat late.. round 10ish.. we enured the rain, crossed several streams to get to the other side.. since roads were blocked.. it rained hard and soft, wind was gusting off and on..

great lovely day i would say.. we had a blast.. fish were biting pretty well, specially when it started to pour..none of us had a raincoat or rain boot.. i had my limits..

but just to reply... plenty of nightcrawlers on the ground. i mean they were everywhere.. big and good size too

out of us three we mainly got our limits from our special mixes of powerbait. would love to go back to the vine.. and thats rain or shine.

not many angler there.. but ooh if you were there on sat.. i was the one that sled down the muddy slippery hill on my butt.. and was carrying a black umbrella.hehe

troutdog
02-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Good job to both you guys getting some fish in the rain, sorry about the fall paintsn!

TD