PDA

View Full Version : NPB Pier

Mr.Matthew
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry a bit late on posting this earlier (internet was down:Sad:).

Anyway, Me and my bros went out to fish at NPB Pier just to chill hoping to catch some crab and maybe some squid since they're coming in. Got a couple bites on shrimp, nothing krazy. We then move closer to the sink cuz of the krazy wind, as we were setting up, my bro looks down at the water and notice something surfacing, OMG!!! its a squid so we busted out our jig and manage to hook him up, had to use crab net to bring it up. Here is some pics, we only caught one tho, but got to say that this is the biggest I ever caught off the pier, also caught some spider crabs to end the night. :EyePop:

PS: there was one even bigger than mine that got away from a different angler.:Death2Above:

murrieta angler
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Good Job getting the squid.

F.Y.I. I see it's your first post, ( good job doing it) but you posted on wrong board. Should have posted on piers, surf, bays board.
Thanks for the report and pics,

Robert

Mr.Matthew
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Oops! Thanks Robert, Is there a way to edit this post to that section?

victor101
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Nice...congrats on the Giant Squid off the pier. Never seen that before. Welcome to FNN

DockRat
02-05-2010, 06:11 AM
XLNT Job on the pier squid, I heard they were getting some off the Alamitos Jetty in LB last year.
Welcome to FNN.
DR

JapanRon
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Mr.Matthew,

Thanks for the info. Yikes .... the Sandbass bite this year may be a disaster ..... again !!!

Welcome to the FNNer's thread-posters club !!

JapanRon

Mr.Matthew
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys for the welcoming, looking forward to posting more reports.