PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 2/4

Marley
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Quick report. Took advantage of a weekday off, and hit Irvine Lake. Very frustrating start in Woody's Cove made me move, so I set up at the campground. Instant WFO on the newly-planted fish. Double limits later I'm on my way home. My bite started wityh be beloved bloawn half-crawler but quickly switched to M&M, and then just as quickly as the bite turned on, it stopped. The fish had moved farther off the beach so a long cast was needed to get to the fish, which seemed to be wanting Power Bait now.
Awesome grade of f\ish, nothing under a pound, six over 2 pounds with two of those over 3. There was half a dozen wipers cruising around. Looked like they had been spawning (I know, they don't do that). They were covered with fungus and werre not interested in doing much. Looked to weigh between a pound and four pounds. I hope they make it.
Thanks for the great trout, Irvine Lake! Best overall limit of fish I've taken from there in a couple of years.

MAVERICK27
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the report Bro! Way to move and slay!!! Im bouncing back and forth about going Friday or Saturday....

fish ful
02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
The wipers are sick looking? Bummer. That was fast!

Troutman65
02-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the report. Congrats on your double limit :Cool:

J12
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
been waiting for a report like this . Congrats on double limit!

BIGBASS MB
02-04-2010, 07:55 PM
a little far for me but I think I'm going to try the VINE, Congrats on your DL...

Marley
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the report Bro! Way to move and slay!!! Im bouncing back and forth about going Friday or Saturday....

Thanks! I know me and when I start to get frustrated enough that I throw down a rod in disgust, it's time to leave. I was actually going home (at 7:45 and one fish) when I decided to try the campground beach. I'm glad I did.
If you're shore fishing, go Friday. The shoreline is not dry from the last rain and once it starts, any rain is going to make the ground slippery to walk on. If you're boating, flip a coin. Good luck!

Fishbones
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Great job on the trout slay.....FUNGUS...??whats going on with these wipers??

BigBass777
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Good report. Sounds like you took advantage of the bite before the rain gets here. The hardest part is deciding on where to move to. On a boat it's much easier but your limited when shore fishing. Your decision to move sure was a good one. Congrats on a double limit, finding, and getting a pattern established.

Marley
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
.....FUNGUS...??whats going on with these wipers??

I thought they were trout when I first saw them. Have you ever been to a hatchery (or a steam) and seen the broodstock after spawning? They get big, greyish/whitish blotches all over them. That's what the wipers I saw looked like. I understand that most of them make it through it, but it sure looks bad. Plus, I saw an osprey grab one. I hope a few make it so I get a chance to play wiht one sometime soon.

Mondo21
02-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice going out there Marley. Thanks for the report. Cindy

FISHJUNKIE4446
02-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Good Job on the DL, thinking about heading out for the P Day Tourny.