PDA

View Full Version : Any action at the lake this week? Reports?

fish ful
02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Since all the rain i have not seen any reports from the action at the lake. I asume the skunks have been out all week. I know my last 2 trips have been bad....zero fish. I was thinking of going friday....maybe get a boat.

What's the good word boys? :Envious:

VineAssist
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Fishing has been pretty good the last few days. A lot of limits have come up via trolling and fishing bait around boat dock cove and woodys cove. The hot bait has been the new salmon egg natural powerbait in the red color and the new gulp garlic chrt dough bait. For trollers once again anything pink

sevenout
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I went out Monday and took out the boat. The flats, which was on fire before the rain, was pretty slow and the water was pretty murky. We had better luck prospecting the west shore, closer to the dam. Some trollers were doing pretty good, we only caught one on a pink passion mirashad others I talked to were doing well on the brown trout pattern and perch pattern. Baits that worked were the half floating crawler and green powerbait setup. Hope that helps.

TaperSteve
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I went the last 2 Saturdays. 2 Sat's ago was the 1st full day without any rain. Trolling was tuff with all the debris in the water. A combo of the water being so off color and the Vine not being able to stock that week made things real slow. Only caught 1 very small LMB on an inflated nightcrawler. This last Sat was better. The water was more clear and less debris. Spent a a few hours trolling around without any luck so I decide to anchor up along the west shore. Threw out an inflated nightcrawler on one rig and some garlic dough bait on the other both dipped in garlic scent. Got a call from my wife. Just as I was telling her I hadnt caught anything all day I see 1 of my rods twitch. Hung up the phone, set the hook and reeled in the 2 lb bow. As soon as I got the bow in the boat I seen my other rod twitch. I grabbed it, set the hook and reeled in what ended up being my smallest bow of the season so far, prob less than 1/2 lb. By the time I got everything baited again 3 more boats had anchored around me that saw my double hook up. I didnt get anymore after that but saw the other boats getting them around me. When it was time to go I put the firetiger Rapalas back on the rigs to troll on my way back in. About half way in I heard my drag slip alittle a couple times then it took off. Figured I was hung up again on more debris but it ended up being the hardest fighting bow of the season, another 2 lber. All in all it felt like a slow day but I was still able to catch fish. The rain def messed things up at all the lakes but it will be a good thing in the long run. The level at all the lakes was getting so low before it rained, its nice to know the lakes will be nice and full this summer. I hope it doesnt rain this week like they've been saying it will because I will likely be hitting up the vine again this Sat, rain or shine.

See ya'll there,
TaperSteve

MAVERICK27
02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Been between selling my boat and buying another. I'll be out this weekend. Let's see what we can come up with and i'll post something up!! :)

fish ful
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the great info guys. I will be watching the weather and if it holds i wil be out friday. I will also let you guys know how i do.

Thanks again guys for the info. This site is great and the best part is everyone talks fishing! :EyePop: