PDA

View Full Version : Self Releasing hooks???

RiversideTrout77
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I was cruising diferrent sites the other day and came by this site that sold self releasing hooks, they have a sleeve and a tag line that you pull and it is suppose to rotate the hook out of a fish mouth. The site states you can release the fish without having to net or even touch the fish. Has anybody seen these or even tried them?.:???:

DarkShadow
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Never have seen 'em, but going barbless also does the trick. Sometimes all you have to do is give the fish slack while it's in the water for an easy release.

RiversideTrout77
02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
cool, thanks for the info DS. I didn't want to mention the name of the product ,but I guess no one has seen or herd about them. I was hopping someone could tell me the pro's and con's about these hooks. I was just intrigued about the fact of not having to net or even touch the fish to remove hook for c&r.

lalo56
02-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes i have seen them. They are cool, all you do is pull that sleeve and hook just pops out. Pretty cool.

Koshaw
02-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I also wonder if this would work for snags ;) if it is hooked on a rock or branch or something?

lalo56
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I saw a video on youtube a while back.

pasadenafishin
02-15-2010, 05:49 PM
cool, thanks for the info DS. I didn't want to mention the name of the product ,but I guess no one has seen or herd about them. I was hopping someone could tell me the pro's and con's about these hooks. I was just intrigued about the fact of not having to net or even touch the fish to remove hook for c&r.

why do you not want to mention the product name?

Flying
02-18-2010, 01:10 AM
http://www.sheltonproducts.com/newcirclehook.html

I'm sure these are the hooks you've seen on the internet. I've never seen them used but they seem pretty limited to bait and size.

I fish 100% barbless. I grind not pinch my barbs. They come out of my arm a lot easier.

And like DS said just give them some slack and they'll usually come off.

RiversideTrout77
02-18-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.sheltonproducts.com/newcirclehook.html

I'm sure these are the hooks you've seen on the internet. I've never seen them used but they seem pretty limited to bait and size.

I fish 100% barbless. I grind not pinch my barbs. They come out of my arm a lot easier.

And like DS said just give them some slack and they'll usually come off.

Thanks for info