PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 2/02/10

Bass Buddy07
02-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I went to the lagoon around 5 am to try my brand new float tube :Big Grin:
this was my first time trying out float tube fishing
i did not get one single bite and i was having a fustration time
today the bite was really slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Crying:

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Keep at it...dont give up....?wheres Fire Ball?...he can help you out!!

Fire Ball
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Keep at it...dont give up....?wheres Fire Ball?...he can help you out!!

I'm right here. :LOL: I remeber the first time I took my tube out. I caught my PB bass that day!! It was amazing, but that was back when the bite was a little better. You should have Robo Bass tell you about his first time float tubing! :ROFL: The fishing has been really slow for the last month or month and a half. You need to fish real deep. Anywhere from 20 ft to 60 ft. Need any tips on lures or anything? If I don't end up catching any bass, I always end up catching big crappie, so I have that to rely on if I am going to get skunked. I will probably be out there this weekend.

Bass Buddy07
02-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm right here. :LOL: I remeber the first time I took my tube out. I caught my PB bass that day!! It was amazing, but that was back when the bite was a little better. You should have Robo Bass tell you about his first time float tubing! :ROFL: The fishing has been really slow for the last month or month and a half. You need to fish real deep. Anywhere from 20 ft to 60 ft. Need any tips on lures or anything? If I don't end up catching any bass, I always end up catching big crappie, so I have that to rely on if I am going to get skunked. I will probably be out there this weekend.

yea man plz help me
i really need some tips bout where to fish at and locate LMB and Crappie
castaic lagoon is kind of a new lake to me becuz i dont fish there often
i fish most of the time at the upper lake catching big largemouth and stripers
help me guys

Fire Ball
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
yea man plz help me
i really need some tips bout where to fish at and locate LMB and Crappie
castaic lagoon is kind of a new lake to me becuz i dont fish there often
i fish most of the time at the upper lake catching big largemouth and stripers
help me guys

I just sent you a PM and I gave you some good tips, just ask if you need more. I don't want to give away too much to you right now since you are new to the site, so I don't know if I can trust you with secrets to the Lagoon, lol.

fishfinder
02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
hey fire ball. do you fish crappie at the lagoon? i have got some small ones in th upper while dipping for shad before.
pm the answer to me if you want.

Fire Ball
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
hey fire ball. do you fish crappie at the lagoon? i have got some small ones in th upper while dipping for shad before.
pm the answer to me if you want.

Yes, I do fish for crappie at the Lagoon. You can see some of my bigger ones in my reports. They have some real big ones, but it takes a while before you learn where they are and what to use. Now that I know what they like and where they hang out, I catch them consistently, but I only get big ones since I use bigger lures.

jeff4321
02-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Cant wait for spring, im literally crapping my pants. I havent taken a shower and im wondering if thats what smells or if its just my upper lip

Bass Buddy07
02-05-2010, 03:08 PM
me 2 same here man its goin 2 be awesome and plus i got my drvier license 2 wks ago so its awesome

Fire Ball
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
me 2 same here man its goin 2 be awesome and plus i got my drvier license 2 wks ago so its awesome

I can't wait for spring either! I am probably going to get my license at the end of this month.

Trout-Chaser
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Fire Ball--I want to fish for crappie at Castaic--except I don't float or have a boat. Any hope for me there from the shore? I'd also love some tips on lures and such. And hey--I can keep a secret! :Secret: Please PM me.
Thanks,
Linda

I just sent you a PM and I gave you some good tips, just ask if you need more. I don't want to give away too much to you right now since you are new to the site, so I don't know if I can trust you with secrets to the Lagoon, lol.

Fire Ball
02-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Fire Ball--I want to fish for crappie at Castaic--except I don't float or have a boat. Any hope for me there from the shore? I'd also love some tips on lures and such. And hey--I can keep a secret! :Secret: Please PM me.
Thanks,
Linda

I will reply to the PM you sent me in a little while. I am pretty busy right now.

Bass Buddy07
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I can't wait for spring either! I am probably going to get my license at the end of this month.

thats chill i can go whenever i want man
when r u able to go to the lagoon?

Fire Ball
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
thats chill i can go whenever i want man
when r u able to go to the lagoon?

I usually go Sundays with Robo Bass, but sometimes I go other days. A lot of the time I take the boat out on the Upper Lake instead of the Lagoon on Sundays.

Bass Buddy07
02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I usually go Sundays with Robo Bass, but sometimes I go other days. A lot of the time I take the boat out on the Upper Lake instead of the Lagoon on Sundays.

thats chill but i cant really go on the weekends becuz i have work :(
but when there is holidays i can go fishing

Ray Lopez
02-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Cant wait for spring, im literally crapping my pants. I havent taken a shower and im wondering if thats what smells or if its just my upper lip

you're telling me i already know the spots to fish in the spring time to just slay slay slay slay!!!!!!!!! I also want to hit up natural Hansen damn too i got some good info on a killer spot for the ika's!!!!

Also to the guy with the float tube. Your first few times on a tube are gonna b a bit frustrating. You have to get used to being so low to the water. Just wait till you start catching fish and try to land them lol I lost my first 3 bass that way on my tube. But once you get it down you will not want to fish any other way. Let me know if you need any help or tips. Also just wait till you land a pig on a tube and it starts dragging you around the lake lol it is quite an entertaining experience!!!

Anyways i need to stop posting and get my happy butt to the lagoon right now. Conditions looks perfect!!!!!

i'll make a report once i get back.

Fire Ball
02-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Also to the guy with the float tube. Your first few times on a tube are gonna b a bit frustrating. You have to get used to being so low to the water. Just wait till you start catching fish and try to land them lol I lost my first 3 bass that way on my tube. But once you get it down you will not want to fish any other way. Let me know if you need any help or tips. Also just wait till you land a pig on a tube and it starts dragging you around the lake lol it is quite an entertaining experience!!!!!

The first time with my float tube was insane! It was the best day of fishing I have ever had, but that was back when the bite was still good! I caught a 3.5 lber and a 7.5 lber in the same day within a little while of each other about 30 minutes before I left! As for being so low to the water, I find it pretty easy to land my fish since I am so close to them, but it can get complicated. The only thing superior to float tubing is fishing from a boat. It is just awesome when the hawgs start pulling you around in your tube! :Cool: