PDA

View Full Version : Aliso pier.

old pudd fisher
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Do any of you rememder or fished off that diamond shaped concrete pier at Aliso beach ? It's gone now from storms years back.That place was my hang out in the 1970's I sure miss it.

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
that pier use to be cool....caught mackrel,bointa off that pier....one time a huge bat ray swam under it....i mean huge.....how long has it been gone?... i must have been 10-12yrs old when i fished it

Jackpot Jimmy
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
It's been gone a while now. There used to be a stub of the pier, but that was demolished a couple years ago. That's still a really great area to fish.

old pudd fisher
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
It's been a few years. Cant believe it got damaged so bad fishbones too bad for that.

old pudd fisher
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Also I would fish the half day sport fishing boats out off Dana Point all the time in the 70's It was a good time for us. My favorite boat was the real fun. Don't know if its running now but I think the skippers name was captain Jack, what a cool guy and the deck hands were so helpfull too....Proud Marys had the best burgers ever...Yep it was the good old days.

oakboy
02-04-2010, 09:35 PM
reel fun is still there and the fishing is still preety good out of Dana Wharf. Proud mary's burnt down 2 years ago but has been rebuilt and still has awesome breakfasts!

<><
KP