PDA

View Full Version : 2/2 @ Aliso Beach

murrieta angler
02-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Well,
I have a job over in Ranch Santa Margarita, so that meant to bring my rods with me....:Smile:
After arriving at the jobsite at 6:00 and getting my guy all set-up, I took off down Oso Pkwy, South on the 5, to Crown Valley Pkwy and down to Aliso Beach.
I arrived at 6:50 to beautiful conditions like this;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/aliosbeach4.jpg

and this;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/alisobeach3.jpg

The report when I left at 4:00 this morning said 10-11 foot surf. I don't think so!!It was the best conditions I have seen in over a month. I grabbed my little Sedona 750 with 6 lb. test, 2" grubbs in motor oil and a #6 hook.
After casting for about 1/2 an hour and no bites I looked North and I seen 4 pelicans diving in the water, about 30-40 feet from shore and 100 yards from me...:Surprised: I aint no dummy, I headed over there and within 5 casts I had my first perch of the day;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/alisobeach1.jpg

Awesome, skunk off early today...:Big Grin: I was thanking The Lord immediately!!
The pelicans started to move off but I stayed in the general area between the creek and the first rocks just North off there.
After another 20 minutes I get hit again;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/alisobeach2.jpg

this one was a little larger.

I decided to switch up to an LC 110 in Metallic Sardine. I casted and casted and casted but no love with the hardbait...:Neutral:
By this time it was around 9:30 and I started to get a bunch of work related calls. So I went back to my truck and threw my backpack and bigger rod and reel into the back of the truck and made some calls.
After I finished my calls I was talking for a few minutes with a couple of Moms who were walking their dogs and they asked if I caught anything, I said I could show them and flipped open my phone and let them see the pics of the 2 fish I caught. We talked for a few more minutes and then I said I needed to get back to fishing cause I couldn't stay long....:Cool:
Right after I cast out, I get a text from NoobSaBass, saying let's get out and do some surf fishing...I texted back a picture of one of the fish...:Razz: He instantly calls me and ask where I'm at and says we'll get out together next time...:Envious:
I ended up staying for another hour and fifteen mintues and caught 2 more perch, but no pics cause my phone was dying from not charging it the night before and I had a few calls to make so I could make some money..:Wink:

All in all, it was a Beautiful and Blessed morning and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to get out there and enjoy myself for a few hours....:Big Grin:

Take Care All,
Robert

p.s. Sorry the first 2 pics are blurry, it was a little cold when I got there.

victor101
02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice report Robert... Wish i was still living down there so i can do the surf fishing thing as much as i used to. Have you tried using ghost shrimp?

murrieta angler
02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Victor,

I've never tried ghost shrimp. I don't even know where to buy it?!

I just read your report and I'm wayyyy jealous!!!

DockRat
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Well,
After arriving at the jobsite at 6:00 and getting my guy all set-up, I took off

Best way to fish is while your making money :UDaMan:
Thanks for the report! 10' surf :ROFL:
DR

DockRat
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM

I dunno about down aouth but PCH and Seal Beach Blvd, Big Fish ? they have them.
Also Pauls Bait and Tackle in San Pedro on Pacific too.
DR

old pudd fisher
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I just about forgot about that beach. In the 1970's I would fish off the rocks to the left and get a variety of nice fish.

cjmedina
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
perch are better than a skunk dude. man your every where

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
gotta love those poptart perch.....nice job....good bye skunk....

fisherman from long beach
02-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Victor,

I just read your report and I'm wayyyy jealous!!!pauls bait in pedro is the best place to get ghost shrimp,prices are very reasonable.way to go and beat that skunk.

hbomb
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Good way to get the skunk off robert nicely done, oh yeah nice job those mil*s lol.....:Cool:

fishshep
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
..:Big Grin: I was thanking The Lord immediately!! you said,
THATS !!! GOOD TO HEAR !!! :Big Grin: Thats what I
do to .

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Best way to fish is while your making money :UDaMan:
Thanks for the report! 10' surf :ROFL:
DR

Hey DR,
Yeah I'm fortunate to be able to do it. But It is more about getting my #1 guy some work. He has a family also and the money I make, I'm able to share the wealth a little.

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I just about forgot about that beach. In the 1970's I would fish off the rocks to the left and get a variety of nice fish.

I remember when there was a mobile home park just North of there.

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 09:01 PM
perch are better than a skunk dude. man your every where

I totally agree with you Carlos.

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
gotta love those poptart perch.....nice job....good bye skunk....

Yes Indeed,
But I will love em evan more when the bigger models roll in for the spawning season.

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
pauls bait in pedro is the best place to get ghost shrimp,prices are very reasonable.way to go and beat that skunk.

There has to be somewhere closer to Riverside!!!

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Good way to get the skunk off robert nicely done, oh yeah nice job those mil*s lol.....:Cool:

MIL*S!!!
You talking about peso's Hariel!? lol
To bad about you getting sick for the road trip down to San Felipe.
I know you just were waiting for me to go....rofl
Take It Easy Bro!

murrieta angler
02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
..:Big Grin: I was thanking The Lord immediately!! you said,
THATS !!! GOOD TO HEAR !!! :Big Grin: Thats what I
do to .

Amen Brother!!
Through Him all things are possible..

Wingnut
02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
That beach looks like it has potential... always fun to fish different areas.
Good job Robert. :Cool:
I went out on Sunday to a couple of local spots and didn't do too well. Swells have subsided but brown water was everywhere.
Hope to get back out there again the week after the Super Bowl to give it another go. :Wink:

old pudd fisher
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Try the left on the rocks Wingnut it was good in the day.

murrieta angler
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
That beach looks like it has potential... always fun to fish different areas.
Good job Robert. :Cool:
I went out on Sunday to a couple of local spots and didn't do too well. Swells have subsided but brown water was everywhere.
Hope to get back out there again the week after the Super Bowl to give it another go. :Wink:

Hey Arthur,
The water had just started to get a little brown down there also when I was leaving but I have a feeling that it would have cleaned up on the downside of high tide.
I think we know that once this rain is gone, it's gonna be "Heaven Sent" for the fish.
Take Care,
Robert