PDA

View Full Version : DVL 1/30 - Newbs on a Boat

DarkShadow
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
To the 2 guys that rammed their "deluxe" rental full speed on the rocky shoreline near the quarry:

Thanks for the hour long entertainment while we watched you try to dig out the motor that was now sitting in an inch of water, while the bow of the boat was 10 feet from the shore. If the "Boat Long Jump" was an event in the Olympics, you might have won the Gold!

You really did a good job getting a lot of "hang time" and vertical height when you launched the boat onto land, and the judges that were watching in sheer amazement gave your performance a 9.5. The smoke and dust plume that came from your motor on impact was a great touch, as was rolling up ur pant legs in an inch of water, while using your oar to dig out your still smoking motor. A little hint, though: you can't dig a boat out that is sitting on dry land, but a valiant effort none the less.

We asked if you needed some help, but your manhood would not allow it and you waved us off. Bravo for taking the personal responsibility to not accept help in getting out of a situation you put yourself in.

Thank you again, for making the drive and the bad day of fishing completely worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1u1NS5nwrI

(And on a serious note)

When the dock workers ask if you have any questions on how to operate a boat, you may want to ask questions here. You're lucky you ran into shoreline, and not into another boat which may have caused property or bodily damage.

P.S.

To the guy bumping 2Pac in line at 5:45 am:

While I enjoyed the serenade, make sure not to bump too hard, lest your battery goes dead by the time the gate opens up an hour later and everyone drives around you while they point and laugh. That, or buy an extra battery to power your 5000 watt system that costs more than your ride. Your ghetto-ness was showing, please try to cover it up in the future.

sansou
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
:ROFL::ROFL:

I really wonder how they managed that...you got to be high or one taco short of a combination to beach your boat that bad...

Cangler
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a day a Pyramid ...

Next to girls falling off horses there is nothing funnier ...

flytyingreloader
02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Hijo la......quite a day at The Jewel. Thanks for the clip!

fisherman from long beach
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
oooouuuuccccchhhh!

Trout 1
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
:ROFL: Wow heck of a day out there...

Trout 1

Nessie Hunter
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
:Finger: You DarkShadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was busy texting my Friends.............. :Embarrassed:

Next time, Ill wait till Im on the Freeway.....

I want all the rights to that Video also!!!!!

fishinone
02-02-2010, 04:23 PM
So... can you buy that $9 rental insurance on those boats?

Somebodies going to get a great deal on a used motor.

Nitrobassin
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey DarkShadow, I seen you in the rock quarry. I was the Yellow Nitro in there catching all the fish. What were you guys thorwimg in there? You saw that spot I was sitting on it holds fish if you get deep enough for them.

SEA ADDICTION
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Are you a cop?

Stormcrow
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
OMFG! That is HILARIOUS!

One more piece of solid evidence that you should have to PASS A TEST AND ACQUIRE A LICENSE before you can BREED!

Stormcrow
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Nitrobassin: You caught fish out of a Nitro?

Fire Ball
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Rofl, that video was entertaining! Those guys were idiots! By the way, awesome shirt DarkShadow!

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
OMG ...i dont know what to say.....i kinda feel bad but then the devil on my shoulder comes out and says
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.........sorry.
do you know if the throttle stuck of if they were just uneducated and inexperienced .....hope they wernt hurt

BackReel909
02-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Dang that's tore up , I bet that they got the business at the docks...even worse is how you think thats funny straight laughing at others demise...that was good lookin out helpin a fellow fisherman out bro...instead you put around and taunt them , wait and then posted it on YouTube????????One word homie....KARMA wait and called and ratted

bassmeister
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Next time floor the motor and don't back off the throttle so you can make it to the other side of the island. Thats what they would do on Nitro Circus.

SEA ADDICTION
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Dang that's tore up , I bet that they got the business at the docks...even worse is how you think thats funny straight laughing at others demise...that was good lookin out helpin a fellow fisherman out bro...instead you put around and taunt them , wait and then posted it on YouTube????????One word homie....KARMA wait and called and ratted

X2 well said......

DarkShadow
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey DarkShadow, I seen you in the rock quarry. I was the Yellow Nitro in there catching all the fish. What were you guys thorwimg in there? You saw that spot I was sitting on it holds fish if you get deep enough for them.

You have a nice rig! Yeah, we saw you guys out there hammer those 2 or 3 fish in a short period of time. Looks like you had 'em metered well, and were throwing baits right on their heads. That was a great spot in the October as well. Good going out there. We couldn't buy a bite out there.

Are you a cop?

Unfortunately, not. I can never get past that damn psychological evaluation to make the force. Well, I can't get past the polygraph for that matter either.

By the way, awesome shirt DarkShadow!

Thanks! It belonged to this guy a few months back:

http://cms.outdoorsfanmedia.com/resources/Pros/M/Martens_Aaron/Martens_Aaron_0707_Erie_rigup_574_BF.jpg

do you know if the throttle stuck of if they were just uneducated and inexperienced .....hope they wernt hurt

Oh, they weren't hurt. Their egos may have been slightly contused, but that's an injury you can recover from quickly.

We ourselves were wondering WTF happened. EVEN IF the throttle got stuck, those rentals at DVL don't go so fast for you not to resort to evasive manuevers. For example, if the accelerator gets stuck on my Toyota, do I

1. Head for a brick wall.

2. Head for open land.

So, if the throttle got stuck, they should have noticed it early enough to steer away from any land, and into open water. Then again, shutting the engine off would have also done the trick.

Who knows. Maybe they were looking for the brake.

Fire Ball
02-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks! It belonged to this guy a few months back:

http://cms.outdoorsfanmedia.com/resources/Pros/M/Martens_Aaron/Martens_Aaron_0707_Erie_rigup_574_BF.jpg

How did you get it? It makes you look like a pro, lol. So it is a Aaron Martens' tournament used (instead of game used, lol) jersey?

DarkShadow
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
...even worse is how you think thats funny straight laughing at others demise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WKmF3747s

That guy's demise was pretty funny, I laughed at that too.

that was good lookin out helpin a fellow fisherman out bro...instead you put around and taunt them

I guess you missed the part of my story where I said,

We asked if you needed some help, but your manhood would not allow it and you waved us off.

In fact, not only did we offer help, we were the first boat that went over and asked them if they were ok, and if they needed help, while a good 4 or 5 boats that were in the area had watched it all happened kept on fishing. (Don't know why though, the bite sucked.)

wait and then posted it on YouTube????????One word homie....KARMA wait and called and ratted

Yes, I posted it on YouTube to serve as a Public Service Announcement for boater safety and awareness. If I can prevent one accident from happening on our waters, I have done my job.

How did you get it? It makes you look like a pro, lol. So it is a Aaron Martens' tournament used (instead of game used, lol) jersey?

Heh, I got it through some personal connections. And yeah, he fished with in during the 2008 Bassmaster's season. He's rockin a red Megabass jersey now.

Stormcrow
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Dark you are freakin AWESOME! Nice jersey too fool!

You know what I was thinkin? At least it was a rental boat. Ive seen total NOOOBS in 50K bassrigs in similar or worse predicaments at the Delta.

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Next time floor the motor and don't back off the throttle so you can make it to the other side of the island. Thats what they would do on Nitro Circus.

Go travis go.................waaaaaaa............thump...... ..(insert dukes of hazard song here).....crash!!!!LOL

old pudd fisher
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Thats just so nut's. Hope they don't drive the same freeways that I do!!!

LouieMM24
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Sweet Jersey dude! I seen Carol Martens (aaron's mom) at the Fred Hall show selling his jerseys last year. His new one is nice too, and his Sunline hat.

Lipripper93561
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
What a classic day, makes ya kindof wonder. Saw a similiar thing on the Colorado River, jet boat doing about 50-60 right up the bank about 50 yards, being the Boy Scouts we were, paddled over to help and got an earful from the most pissed off guy in the world, it takes all types, and thankfully no one was hurt.

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
[/QUOTE]being the Boy Scouts we were, paddled over to help and got an earful from the most pissed off guy in the world, it takes all types, and thankfully no one was hurt.[QUOTE]
Lipripper93561
to chew out a boy scout like that.....he got what he deserves.....
you should have practiced lighting fires for your merit badge.......on his boat....LOL

Nitrobassin
02-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Stromcrow, Only some of the best bass pro's catch them out of a Nitro. I am no were near a pro but still seem to pull in plenty of fish. Why you haten on the Nitro? It's not the boat it's the person inside the boat is all it is. I could out fish you from a surfboard.

Hog Caller
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
I believe that was huskerrod bumping his stereo and he was pissed that everyone was laughing and driving by him.
He's also the one that stopped and helped those guys off the beach. He lifted the boat for them, needless to say I believe he's a fairly strong mofo!
I would have been much happier and laughed a lot harder had that been a few ***** holes in a $50K wakeboard rig that crashed, I can't stand those bastards.

Brent

fish ful
02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
That video is funny stuff. Those guys must fish at irvine too! I have seen some stuff at irvine that would make those guys looks like pro boat drivers.

my buddy and i have been fishing for bass just off the shore and have people cut between us and the shore (10-12 feet off shore line) jump the boat over the rocks and never even look back. It looked like the boat was a bucking bronco......weekend warriors. I am always amazed!

heres your sign!

Stormcrow
02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Stromcrow, Only some of the best bass pro's catch them out of a Nitro. I am no were near a pro but still seem to pull in plenty of fish. Why you haten on the Nitro? It's not the boat it's the person inside the boat is all it is. I could out fish you from a surfboard.

DOOOOD I was just kiddin! Take it eeeaaaaaasssyyyy. I was just having some fun with you thats all.

I do take issue with you claiming to know me without EVER meeting me though. A surfboard? Really? Im gonna let you in on something:
The BEST sticks around here dont make ANY reports at all bro. Thats the way it is and you can take that for what you want.

So with a wink and a smile I will tell you that I'm here just for entertainment. I have not made a real report in over a year, doesn't mean I'm not catching fish.

have a nice day!

lurk 182
02-04-2010, 10:11 AM
that's top notch, Crow. i must be one of the better sticks on the site too then. if anyone notices, theres not many "reports" from anyone that doesn't run a guide business on the side. i guess the site can be whatever we want it to be. i try to help on the newbie gear questions at least.

breeze71
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM

What? DS is better than all of us here...he the god of all fisherman. Oh and his sarcastic keyboard tones....he's an absolute charm!

Just...make sure you don't break a leg near him. You will be a TV star way before the medics arrive.

Classics never die.

Karma is a love and hate thing.

DarkShadow
02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
What? DS is better than all of us here...he the god of all fisherman. Oh and his sarcastic keyboard tones....he's an absolute charm!

Just...make sure you don't break a leg near him. You will be a TV star way before the medics arrive.

Classics never die.

Karma is a love and hate thing.

Yes Breeze, because having a broken leg, is on the same level to being a moron.

You are so astute with your analysis of the severity of the situation.

breeze71
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes Breeze, because having a broken leg, is on the same level to being a moron.

You are so astute with your analysis of the severity of the situation.

ouch...did I touch a nerve? Hold on while pull out my "print screen" before the board admins get here!

DarkShadow
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
ouch...did I touch a nerve? Hold on while pull out my "print screen" before the board admins get here!

Touch a nerve? Far from it.

I'm just curious on how you got to your broken leg example from 2 guys who don't know how to operate a vessel? Apples and oranges, my friend, apples and oranges.

;-)

Stormcrow
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
:Envious:And bananas too in this case!!

HuskerRod
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I believe that was huskerrod bumping his stereo and he was pissed that everyone was laughing and driving by him.
He's also the one that stopped and helped those guys off the beach. He lifted the boat for them, needless to say I believe he's a fairly strong mofo!
I would have been much happier and laughed a lot harder had that been a few ***** holes in a $50K wakeboard rig that crashed, I can't stand those bastards.

Brent

Thanks forthe kind words, Brent. Lets just say I've been eating my Wheaties...hehehe.

Actually I stumbled across these guys at the DVL the same day about an hour later. Up to that point they had refused Darkshadow and everybody elses attempts to help them. Their was four of them pushing on the boat and they looked like "keystone cops". One pushing, three pulling...............three pulling, one pushing............one in the boat, one pushing, two pulling...etc.,etc. I watched and watched and eventually couldn't stand it. Besides it looked like a nice challenge, so without asking I beached the boat and took a side. By that time all four looked sweaty and pretty whipped. With me on one side and those four on the other we got it out in two shoves. I guess I've found my calling in life as an excellent boat "pusher outer". However, I struggled all day in the fishing department that day so I guess me fishing skills need work. As far as the boat, the guys fiddled around for about a minute once unstuck and took off no worse for wear so I guess the boat ended up fine. In the end, no one was hurt, the boat was fine, and the guys probably went out and slade the fish. Oh yah, at the end of the day when I was dying walking up the hill the same guys drove by me, waved, and left me to walk up without a lift..........ugghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

DarkShadow
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
As far as the boat, the guys fiddled around for about a minute once unstuck and took off no worse for wear so I guess the boat ended up fine. In the end, no one was hurt, the boat was fine, and the guys probably went out and slade the fish. Oh yah, at the end of the day when I was dying walking up the hill the same guys drove by me, waved, and left me to walk up without a lift..........ugghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

So nobody suffered from a broken femur, Rod?

And at least they had the courtesy to wave at you as they drove past.

I guess that's one odd way of repaying a favor.

HuskerRod
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
No, no, no broken bones. The guys were definately all smiles and very cordial as they waved bye, bye to me. On a side note, the gear was okay as well. However, I'm surprised their boat even floated. They had what looked like suitcases for tackle boxes and enough poles to outfit a small army of guys.

bassgrabber1
02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
ha ha ha ha....bola de pendejos. I have seen stuff like that at Perris. I saw a guy test driving a nice bass rig and when he went to drop off the sales guy to go get the truck...well lets just say that a wooden dock beats a fiberglass boat....lol. The video of the black dudes is funnier than Sh&t! I must say that DS is a funny dude and I don't even know him.

Atlaua
02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
No, no, no broken bones. The guys were definately all smiles and very cordial as they waved bye, bye to me. On a side note, the gear was okay as well. However, I'm surprised their boat even floated. They had what looked like suitcases for tackle boxes and enough poles to outfit a small army of guys.

So they looked like this then:

http://content9.flixster.com/question/64/13/11/6413119_std.jpg

Hope their Aunt Edna was all right.

Nitrobassin
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I was having fun with you also. I don't normally post as well. I was actually just trying to help to put DS on some fish because he didn't do well. He had seen the success we were having and I try to help people rather than mock them.

phantom 34
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
look! everybody i was on the boat with shadow,we saw the whole thing take place yes it was an awsome site to see.bottom line is we asked them if they needed help and they refused.it was clean fun we made sure they were ok.thats when i began to sing the "um wah wah" song.thats the song we sing when when we do something stupid.believe me that song has been sung to me many times.lol.we knew the thread was gonna get many hits.and just like we thought most would think it was funny and some would not.sorry can't please everybody.but never in our wildest dreams did we think it would jump to another fishing website.now thats funny.

breeze71
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Stormcrow
:Envious:And bananas too in this case!!

what's up keyboard commando? Long time no threats...ha ha

I was having fun with you also. I don't normally post as well. I was actually just trying to help to put DS on some fish because he didn't do well. He had seen the success we were having and I try to help people rather than mock them.

You mean you didn't take a footage of his unsuccessful attempts at fishing and post them across the net????

greeper
02-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Dam Sea Tow

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2010, 09:32 PM
First - glad nobody was hurt.

Second - BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *coffee all over my monitor*

Third - Thank You!!! Now I can reference this video when people ask why we only have 8hp motors on our rental boats......

DarkShadow
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey Breeze, I hear imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

BigBass777
02-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Good thing that nobody was hurt. Just imagine a different scenario if any of them were badly hurt and they have family to care for at home. Head injuries from rocks are a bad mix. Any one of them could have easily flown or been knocked out of the boat.

With everyone watching them, that has to be quite an embarrassing Dukes Of Hazzard trick! A learning lesson for the guys in the meantime. Just wondering if the impact dislodged any crankbaits!

Darkshadow: I know your name and will keep it off this board. You better hope you have a good rapport at DVL. The last thing I wanna see is someone wanting to kick your *** for making fun of their friends with the video. The video shows a lesson in boater safety. Pretending to be the guys on the Dukes Of Hazzard is not recommended. Good write up man!!

Nessie Hunter
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM

Third - Thank You!!! Now I can reference this video when people ask why we only have 8hp motors on our rental boats......

Agree 100% Jared....

I would only add that if I am ever asked about "No Child Left Behind" and if it works..

I can now refer people to this thread and SHOW them how pathetic "Reading Comprehension" by some, was in the past...

breeze71
02-05-2010, 10:52 AM
DS...I guess that is one way you can look at it.

I've also heard that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

breeze71
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Agree 100% Jared....

I would only add that if I am ever asked about "No Child Left Behind" and if it works..

I can now refer people to this thread and SHOW them how pathetic "Reading Comprehension" by some, was in the past...

He's old and battered but he is still so so SHARP!

BTW whoed learn't u how to Right? SC?

DarkShadow
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I've also heard that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Thank you!

I'd rather live with any type of wit, than none at all.

;-)

cappo
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
lol is that hooked a skate in your pic lmao

DarkShadow
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
lol is that hooked a skate in your pic lmao

It sure is. But don't say his name 2 more times, or you'll never know where he'll appear.

I guess Breeze is reliving old memories of yesteryear. Keep the memories alive!

breeze71
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
The avatar is a HAS wanna be.

DS under the same category? ha ha

DarkShadow
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Suits you nicely. ;-)

wellbilldancesays
02-06-2010, 10:31 AM

You want to be Hookedaskate?

Stormcrow
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Breeze71=what's up keyboard commando? Long time no threats...ha ha

Did you find humor? The old Keyboard Commando has been out slayin'. Just havent been postin'. But remember Breeze, I only call em as I see em. Im always more than happy to remind someone their genes are not a benefit to any future generations and therefore they SHOULD NOT BREED. What separates me from everyone else is that Im happy to do it in person as well as on an open forum.

I miss you though!
:Envious:

yakker
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Maybe he's just not that smart but thats not to say it lacks sincerity

City Dad
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
wow, those guys clearly need to find another way to convince others (and themselves) that they do NOT have small weenies... oh, macho, macho men where would the world of real life pratfall vidoes be without you tearing up and down our lakes and residential streets in your gigantic, turbo-powered over compensation machines? lol

...and the lowest form of wit is actually the pun (you know, like "Kiss my Bass" or "Contractors Rock Out with Thier Caulk Out!")

and kudos, DS on a six pager!!! you got them natives all riled up ;)

bruce watson
02-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Smitty, now you know why my wife only let me put a trolling motor on my boat.

Dark Shadow, great material. I'm glad I looked over here today.

Megsdad
02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
This post is epic!
going on 7 pages now; what a riot !!!

breeze71
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Looks like you got your whole RA board vacating on this one. Ha ha

There must be a lack of posts or entertainment on your board or are you guys just mocking this one? :)

I’ll give you guys credit though:

A RA Productions

Executive Producer wid da wit,sprinkled with pro Tshirt. - DarkShadow
Google King!Editor and Urban dictionary.Sidekick- Nessie Hunter
Sidekick Assistant- wellbilldancesays
Collections with Beef, side of MS BS - Stormcrow
Director of Recruiting - Bruce Watson

Oh…not sure but maybe rouge Cheer Leader - City Dad

I wuv u guys!