PDA

View Full Version : First Duct's DD of the 2010.

kpn
02-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I went out to the Duct last night with my friend Hai after the inspiration from Yolo "Triple...Double" catch. And after a few skunk outing I determine to catch me a striper and I did it :LOL: .
When we got there the water not flowing very good, but we fish hard and move from one spot to another, at the 3rd spot Hai caught a catfish on the KPN's (the lure can catch anything LOL). We moved to the last spot and after 5 minutes casting....I thought I get the skunk again and after another 2 casts, I felt a "Thump"......I set the hook hard and fish on!!!!
I fought the fish for a few minutes and she still taking drag and I knew this is a nice one, a few more minutes went by Hai net her....Thanks for the net job Buddy!
We high five and made a few more cast and head home...Hai had to be up early this morning.

She taped out at 11.8 lbs on the digi.

Here are some pictures.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/005.jpg

Close up.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/004.jpg

With size 10 shoe :LOL:.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Fisherman7/002.jpg

KPN.

FINSMACKDOWN
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Great job out there guys! revenge is sweet!

Low Budget
02-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice fish bro way to bring one home!!
Keep It Wet!!
jay
LBFS

M@M
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Good for you!! Beautiful fish!!......and I know it had to be COLD out there..........I sure wish they were easier to catch :Smile:
I wish you many more DD's this year!!
I painted one of my Mag traps yesterday( all the chrome was coming off) to look like a KPN...It doesn't, but I tried anyway.:Big Grin:

Ray Lopez
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
nice fish. your lures are killing um!!!

I have gone 5 times with out as much as a nibble but i'm gonna keep on keeping on. Maybe one of these days i'll get the chance to land one of them pigs..

Fishthewhaler
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I am still waiting for my first dd...i am glad you got one already, nice going. I am going to make a trip to up to a spot i fished by b.v.l, just a matter of time before i have a big ol smile like you!! Saweeeettt
ftw

Fishbones
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
that things awesome......way to go ...its always those last few casts....great job KPN

Anglerism
02-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Nice One!!!

fishinone
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Congrats on the DD Khahn, that's a beauty.

SoCalGuy7
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Very nice fish....brother!

yolo
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Nice fat, healthy duct DD striper Khanh! Congrats on the first one of hopefully many in '10.

HaiTheMeister
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Good job buddy! btw, it's a size 10 shoe! LOL.

trail blazer
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Wtg kahn!!!!!!!!!

CAPT'N
02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice fish my friend..............................

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
sweet feesh Khanh, nice work there my friend : )

Ohhh yeah : )

way ta SLAY !

Gary

Lipripper93561
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Nice pig there, way to put the hurt on um.

TroutOnly
02-02-2010, 06:04 PM
NOW HOW BIG WAS THAT TENNIS SHOE,,,LOL,,,,,,,nice catch kpn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

koifish
02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
nice one congrat to you.

Deyymonayy
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
nice fish, man those lures are hot right now, I definitey wanna get one and hit up the duct, you sure know how to catch th dd's bro, great job

kpn
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Great job out there guys! revenge is sweet!

Thanks Jason. Go get em bro :LOL:.

Nice fish bro way to bring one home!!
Keep It Wet!!
jay
LBFS

Thanks Jay,
I always keep it wet & cold :LOL: .

Good for you!! Beautiful fish!!......and I know it had to be COLD out there..........I sure wish they were easier to catch :Smile:
I wish you many more DD's this year!!
I painted one of my Mag traps yesterday( all the chrome was coming off) to look like a KPN...It doesn't, but I tried anyway.:Big Grin:

Thanks Mike,
To me the color doesn't make much difference than the action. Good try.....keep it up!

nice fish. your lures are killing um!!!

I have gone 5 times with out as much as a nibble but i'm gonna keep on keeping on. Maybe one of these days i'll get the chance to land one of them pigs..

Keep that persistence going and it will pay off for you Ray. Thanks.

I am still waiting for my first dd...i am glad you got one already, nice going. I am going to make a trip to up to a spot i fished by b.v.l, just a matter of time before i have a big ol smile like you!! Saweeeettt
ftw

There are more DD striper at Castaic than the Duct, if you keep pounding that lake you'll get em forsure.
Thanks Damon.

that things awesome......way to go ...its always those last few casts....great job KPN

Thanks Alex,
I always love the first & the last few cast......That's why I keep casting :Big Grin: .

Nice One!!!

Thanks bro. Are you still fishing???

Congrats on the DD Khahn, that's a beauty.

Thanks Ron.....Go get em!!!

Very nice fish....brother!

Thanks Brian.

Nice fat, healthy duct DD striper Khanh! Congrats on the first one of hopefully many in '10.

Thanks Yolo. Every time I go to the Duct, I'm happy with one fish (if I'm that lucky), a DD is just a bonus :Wink: .

Good job buddy! btw, it's a size 10 shoe! LOL.

Hai,
Thanks for the net job and the shoe's size correction bro :Big Grin: .

Wtg kahn!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Scott. I want to get a 30's from your backyard......soon! :Envious: .

Nice fish my friend..............................

Thanks Scott.

sweet feesh Khanh, nice work there my friend : )

Ohhh yeah : )

way ta SLAY !

Gary

Thanks buddy. Call me when you have a chance.

Nice pig there, way to put the hurt on um.

Thanks Lipripper93561.

NOW HOW BIG WAS THAT TENNIS SHOE,,,LOL,,,,,,,nice catch kpn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob,
Hai wear size 10 shoe LOL.......

nice one congrat to you.

Thanks Koifish.

nice fish, man those lures are hot right now, I definitey wanna get one and hit up the duct, you sure know how to catch th dd's bro, great job

Thanks bro,
My advice to you is....Never go to the duct with 1 lure .......... The Duct is a lure's killer and it NOT an easy place to fish.....OH WAIT!!!! I remember some one said "there are no fish in the duct"........ :LOL: .

KPN.

Anglerism
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately I have not gone in a while, been very busy with things. I misplaced 2 out of 3 lures I bought from you. I'm gonna pic up some more. Do u still have those KPN lures you were showing me that changes color when looking from a different angle?

BIGRED KILLA
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Very nice DD keep it up..

Bigred

kpn
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Very nice DD keep it up..

Bigred

Thanks Lucas.

KPN.

kpn
02-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately I have not gone in a while, been very busy with things. I misplaced 2 out of 3 lures I bought from you. I'm gonna pic up some more. Do u still have those KPN lures you were showing me that changes color when looking from a different angle?

Yep,
I still have the lures and always making them :Wink:.

KPN.

kewlwhip
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
sweet fish KPN!!!

man i miss dem strippers- i gotta get a day off soon, and head back out... keep it up kahn!!

marzocchi
02-11-2010, 04:41 AM
freakin pig

kpn
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
sweet fish KPN!!!

man i miss dem strippers- i gotta get a day off soon, and head back out... keep it up kahn!!

Thanks Hubert,
You better get on the hunt again, before they're getting too big :Wink:.

KPN.

kpn
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
freakin pig

Thanks,
You did very good at Castaic too, like reading your report......May be some day you can school me how to catch them :Wink: .

KPN.