PDA

View Full Version : Ears get infected every time I go down into the valley.

Mojave River Angler
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm a desert rat so I accustomed to the dry air. Every time I go down into the valley my ears get infected. Most of these trips over the last year are to fish, so I'm always near water. Anybody else have these kinds of issues, or know of someone who has a technique for preventing this from happening? Sometime it can take a few days to set in, but it always take a week or so for it to clear up (suphedirne HCL). It doesn't seem to be realated to having a cold or alergies, but I'm no Dr.

MRA

Troutman65
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM
That would suck. Maybe ask your Dr. ?

City Dad
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Doctor, schmoctor... what Mojave River Angler needs is the advice of amatures!

Seal you ears with Knot-sense UV-curing knot dressing... problem solved.

or maybe it has something to do with the change in altitude (I sometimes have problems with my ears when I come back from visiting my folks who live waaaaaaay up in the mountains.) Iin that case... aw heck, go with the Knot-sense for that too!

Frenchy
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
i dont know why you get them but try areodry its a lil white bottle with blue writing works like a charm 2 days maxx

sansou
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I recommend packing your ears with double double glitter chartreuse powerbait. Stay away from Nitro.

That stuff is clearly for amateurs.

GeordyBass
02-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I recommend packing your ears with double double glitter chartreuse powerbait. Stay away from Nitro.

That stuff is clearly for amateurs.
sansumo almost forgot the smelly jelly,,,,,,,

olfishergal
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Not an infection, but a change in the air pressure you are used to do, try chewing gum, soft ear plugs....but then again whaat do I knowwww...........not an amateur......lmao

Mojave River Angler
02-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Sansou might be on to something here. I'll try the PB first. If that doesn't work I'm going stratight for the Strike King Catfish Daynamite. That stuff is great on anything, especially eggs in the morning. Holds it own against peanut butter any day as well.

I've never really had any problem with altitude...other than the typical ear popping that we all experience when driving up in the mountains or flying.

One time I ended up in the hospital with terrible back pain. After a thorogh exam the Dr. asked if I had been in farm country. I asked how in the world he could possible know that. I had just returned from a trip that took me down the central valley on the 5. He said I had two raging ear infections...but the pain was clearly in my back. Weird science my friends. He was right though. So what is in the air in "farm country" that causes ear infections? Bacteria? Don't know.

If i'm still hurting tomorrow I'll be off to see the doc again and this time I'll see about getting some preventative advice. You'll see me in the news if she says to quite fishing.

MRA

DockRat
02-03-2010, 06:58 AM
That would suck. Maybe ask Dr. ?

Ear plugs like OFG said.
DR

Mojave River Angler
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
The problem is that the ears get infected from inside, not the outside. It's what I'm breathing that is causing the problem. The eustachion tube is where the problem is. Ear plugs probably won't do much at all. But chartruse PB...