PDA

View Full Version : Corona Del Mar Tidepools?

jsl
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if it's legal to fish the tidepools down there? I have heard that it's a marine reserve and that you cant remove any shells and stuff but I also remember signs posting the different types of fish one can catch from there.

delmar
01-31-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't see why not, I mean my buddy and I, done some spear fishing out of there during summer, we never got in trouble. Actually don't listen to me, we dive to the right side of the tide pool area, but all the times I'm there, I've never see anyone fish there, and I believe there is no sign in that area, that says No fishing, other than you can't remove sea life or something like that from the tide pool.

Troutman65
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if it's legal to fish the tidepools down there? I have heard that it's a marine reserve and that you cant remove any shells and stuff but I also remember signs posting the different types of fish one can catch from there.

If your taling about the ones I went on a feild trip to see when I was a kid , No your not allowed to take anything . No fishing there

Fish Dog
02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
You can fish there but you can't take anything out of the tide pools and you can't use any of the mussels or sand crabs in the area for bait. If you look at the signs as you walk down to the Little Corona Beach Tide Pools (access from Poppy / Ocean in Corona Del Mar) there's a sign there that lists all the fish you can take.

jsl
02-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Got it. Thanks guys!!