PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 1-30-10

Troudt
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
So me and pops took out the "Leakin Lena" out to Perris. We spent the first several hours on our quest to catch a bass. I've creek fished my whole life and just recently got into boat lake fishing. My quest was denied again. Bass videos, lures, jigs, advice, etc have not helped me. I just suck. I saw a couple big bass leap out of the water, which was cool to see.

So we moved to our favorite trout spot at the lake, anchored, threw out some power bait, lit a few cigars and just fished. Sure enough, the trout gods smiled upon us. I even caught the biggest one with an old fashioned nightcrawler. All were over a foot with the biggest being about 16 inches. (all of which will be dinner this week).

Oh, and I out fished the old man too :)

Gobigal
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Troudt -

Were the trout you caught at Perris holdovers? I have read recently that the holdover trout are biting at Perris.

TIA -

Big Al

Troudt
02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
They all looked pretty and nice.... I think they were recent stocks.

I caught one a few weeks back at perris that i'm assuming was a holdover, based on everyones description. The size, meat color, the funky bottom lip, etc.

Here's a link to that thread.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42048-Holdover-Trout-at-Perris-Lake&p=422319#post422319

I always have luck catching trout at Perris, but Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, catfish, alligators, sharks, and the loch ness monster at Perris skunk me everytime. :LOL:

bassgrabber1
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I had some luck on the 29th with trout at Perris but no hold overs. I love fishing Perris...it's my favorite lake for bass, crappie and blue gill. Never caught a cat fish in the 15 years that I have fished it.

HuskerRod
02-03-2010, 08:29 AM
That's funny, I can catch Bass at Perris but can't catch a Trout there if my life depended on it. I have gotten about 5 or 6 catfish over the years as well.

nice catches out there!!!!

smokinflies
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I was out there on Saturday with the scout troop 642 of Perris, and the trout bite was good off the shoreline.

That's funny, I can catch Bass at Perris but can't catch a Trout there if my life depended on it. I have gotten about 5 or 6 catfish over the years as well.

nice catches out there!!!!

Pm sent. Hopefully it helps you catch some of those Lake Perris Stockers.

Deyymonayy
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I can definitely catch trout and bluegill at perris, and occasionally cats too. I have been fishing perris a lot the past three years and I have only caught six bass and two crappie. Maybe there is something I am missing? lol nice job on the trout, maybe next time you will connect with bass?

bassgrabber1
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
The only way you are catching bass at Perris right now is on a boat and fishing 50+ feet of water. Temp of thewater was 50 on Friday the 29th...way cold for the bass bite but the trout bite is on. They love power bait and night crawlers. I usually use a half ounce weight (sliding egg sinker) with a 16" leader. I like to fish from shore for the trout over by launch 6. Just cast it out as far as you can and youll catch trout for sure.

Natural Lefty
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I have caught everything there is at Perris, except for Carp -- most in considerable numbers over the years -- but I have been skunked my last two times there. I wonder where that places me. I hope that doesn't make me a has-been. I think it's mostly a function of the time of year and the conditions when I was there.