PDA

View Full Version : Team 57 & s.c.c.a. Bulldog....lands 103 lbs sturgon

BULLDOGBOOGERS
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Corona lake........when everybody and there brother...are fishing for trout........the team 57 & s.c.c.a.bulldog fishing for catfish.........o.k. it was luck but i got him in the boat.......103 pounds...STURGON !!.........not bad for a guy that this time last year was using zebco 404's........hehehehe

THANKS AGAIN TO DANA AT TEAM 57 AND KEITH THE FOUNDER AT THE S.C.C.A. FISHING GROUP.....FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT........

LOVE YOU GUYS.........

P.S....THE BULLDOG CRIED ALL THE WAY HOME..............THANK YOU LORD......

SCOTT "AKA" THE BULLDOGBOOGERS

BULLDOGBOOGERS
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
I can't even post a pic........don't know how to do it.........need help !!

The b.d.b.

Fishbones
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
congrates on the big ol sturgon..cant wait to see the pics..
lets here about the fight, bait used ,what you were doin when it bite....

blackberg
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
awesome!
-bb

Troutman65
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Nice going Scott. You sure have come a long way in a short amout of time. Thanks for posting up :Cool:

plumbertom
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Here you go, Scott. I loaded this from the Email you sent.

Cartman
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Beautiful fish Bull Dog. Beautiful.

sansou
01-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Outstanding!!

Must have been fun bringing that submarine in!

cooks hooks
01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
That's is frakin awesome. How was the fight. What were u using for bait and what pound test did u use. Let us know the scoop. Good job dude.

troutdog
01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
WTG Scott, congrats on a vary memorable catch! It seriously could not have happend to a nicer guy :UDaMan:

NoHoArt and I always laugh about the time we finally got a chance to meet and you gave NoHo a hug that literally almost took him off his feet :LOL:

TD

PONTOON
01-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Congratulations Bulldog! Good job on fishing the lake for catfish this time of year. They are out there.
That is one fine catch.....Congratulations again.

Hometown
01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:nice

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-01-2010, 04:54 AM
thanks guys......yes it was a catch of a lifetime........just at the right spot at the right time..... abu garica 10000i big game reel...30 lb tess line.....#5 circle hook......with about 5 livers on it.....there was no big pole bendo.......i had the "clicker" on and boy did it do some clicking.......

the strange thing about it........i was fishing for catfish....

thanks again

scott "aka" the B.D.B.

bullets_full
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Nice job man! Now you're ready and have the experience to get that 100lb flattie out of the river in March. Nice fish!

_Bullets

The Angler
02-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow nice catch there. The Sturgys dont stand a chance against the BULLDOG!!

Mondo21
02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Congrats Scott! We need a play by play of how you caught this Monster! Cindy

gavin310
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is a monster!

Poxy Boggards
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice Dino! Looks like a very healthy specimen. Did you release it?

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Congrats Scott! We need a play by play of how you caught this Monster! Cindywell i will tell you Cindy.......i was fishing by myself.......and i had one trout rod in the front of the boat and one catfish rod in the back of the boat.......i had already caught 2 nice size trout in the three pound range.......but the bulldog was looking for a catfish......at about 9:30 am.....i see my 30 lb red lighting line start to tighten up.....then the clicker starting singing my fav-or-right song........i didn't panic like i have done so many times in the past.......i droped my tecate beer on the floor of my bayliner....i then jumped up at took the rod out of the rod holder......and started to reel the monster in.....using a circle hook.....you don't have to set the hook......just start reeling in.........it felt like a large log at the end of the line.....but then it started pulling and pulling.......going to the left and then going to the right.........the monster was everywhere........then he starting coming towards the boat..............i then said out loud....no please not under the boat.........the beast herd me he came back out.............i then got him so close to me.....i put the rod in my left hand........and the grabed the net........now his head is in the net............the pole on my net breaks in half......i then reach down.....and grab the monster by his gills.....and some how get him into the boat..............i then raise my hands into the air....like a boxer.....after a knock-out......there must of been 7 boats around me...telling me good job.........boy did that make me feel good !!.......after that i pulled up my anchors and drove to the boat dock where i was greated by the corona lake staff.....they took lots of pic's.....and then i put the monster back into the water to be caught again...... but one thing is for sure..........that beast will remember..the day he fought the bulldog..and lost !!!

p.s. but just between you and me Cindy................."IT WAS ALL LUCK"..........IT WAS JUST MY DAY TO CATCH THE BIG ONE.............NOW WHO IS NEXT !!!..........SEE YA ON THE WATER !!!!

SCOTT "AKA" THE BULLDOGBOOGERS

Fisherman57
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
AWESOME catch Scott!

Congrats!

Dana

Fishbones
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Awesome job once again scott and great detailed catch an release of that monster

CASTAWAY
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow! Looks big. Seeing that in the water for the first time could be scaring for some people...
Congrats on the catch......

Mondo21
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the exciting play by play of catching that Monster. If it was me on the boat by myself and caught that ugly thing. I would of SCREAMED alright,but from being so DAM SCARED!!! Thanks for letting us know,it was like I was there with you. Cindy:Big Grin:

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
i don't know how many people on this site has ever caught a sturgeon......before ?? and this was the bulldogs first one.... but after getting the monster inside my boat..... i had to take the hook out of his mouth........but heck i couldn't even find his mouth......come to find out it's underneath it's head.....not like a catfish.........it reminded the bulldog of one of those sucker fish that people have in there fish tanks....... kinda looked like a vacuum cleaner...... kinda spooky lookin !!

scott "aka" the bulldogboogers

Fisherman57
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your report BullDogBoogers!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/SARLWIN005.jpg

You are the winner of this weeks
TEAM 57 / SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES / CORONA LAKE REWARD!

You have won a FREE ADMISSION PASS & BOAT RENTAL!

(PM me your information and I will get the passes to you!)

CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT!

Dana
Fisherman57

REMEMBER EVERYONE................

TEAM 57 is proud to announce that we will once again be rewarding members who take the time to post up their reports from these two fishing hot spots!

Every week, I'll be giving away a FREE admission pass & boat rental to the TEAM 57 / FNN member that posts the best report of the week!

Winners will be announced every Tuesday morning!......

EVERY WEEK you'll have a chance to win a FREE pass & a FREE boat rental to Corona Lake or Santa Ana River Lakes!
(Nearly a $100.00 total value!)
www.fishinglakes.com[/URL]

Here's some tips that will help you win:

1) Take the time to write a detailed, interesting report!
2) Include lots of clear, interesting & fun photos in your report!
3) Wear your TEAM 57 t-shirt and make sure our logo shows up in the pic!

Tell us about your day! Show us what you caught, tell us how you caught it, what kind of bait or lure were you using? What kind of rod & reel were you using? What were the conditions? Was it cold? Did you bring friends? How'd they do? Did something crazy happen? Make it interesting!

Again..... this is just ANOTHER example of why it pays to be a TEAM 57 & Fishing Network member!

Remember, we also have another TEAM 57 event coming up in January at Santa Ana River Lakes!

We hope to see you all of you there! Click on the link below for all the details!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=40227 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=40227)

Thanks everyone for your continued support of Fishing Network & Team 57
We have some BIG things planned for 2010!

IT PAYS TO BE A TEAM 57 MEMBER!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/banner012z.gif

Trout-Chaser
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey Scott--way to go! And it looks like you are ready for 'Dancing with the Stars" with your new partner there!
--Linda

Marley
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
That'll bring ya back, no? NICELY DONE! Congrats on your fish.

Mr.Matthew
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
:Thumbs Up:two thumps way up!!! :Thumbs Up:Good job Scott

Santa Fe Eric
02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Nice Work BDB!
THat is an awesome feat! It was definietly your day!