PDA

View Full Version : Constitution - 1/29-31 1.5 Day

greg
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Just got off the Constitution with 22 passengers. This was my first boat trip since my aweful 11 day on the Intrepid. :Rolls Eyes: We left H&M just after 7 pm then to the bait barge. We drove straight to the Colenet. We intially tried for yellowtails but none were biting. :Sad: Heard the Apollo picked up 11 'tails yesterday. :EyePop: On several drops, we had to fight those giant squid. :Twisted: We also has 20 kot winds with white caps which made for a fast drift. :mad: The fishing was a bit slow. :Confused: The captains noted the fishing has changed with those storms 10 days ago. Needed at least 24 ounces to keep me in the drift. Some were fishing 32 ounces. :Wink: Most passengers had 4-5 fish. A ling won the jackpot. I picked limits on whitefish and 4 reds, all on cut up frozen squid. I lost at least 5 fish to those squids.

Captain Joe runs great trips! This is my second trip on the Constitution and plan to fish this boat again! :Cool:

Fishbones
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
to bad bout those yellows...wonder where they went?...high wind and white caps...ooo sounds fun...j/k
bottom fish will have to do...but dand 24-32oz weights...yikes
its kinda funny that you were using squid to catch fish then a squid would come and steel your fish...i guess its even...LoL keep up the good work and reports....fishbones

murrieta angler
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I remember your report for that 11 day trip. I think I might have to hit up the Constitution this year.
Thanks for the report.
Robert