PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing with the Dad

oakboy
01-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Im going to bring my dad up to the sierras this late spring early summer and was hoping of some places that arent to difficult to get to that we could get some nice trout. I was thinking of going to Skelton and barney lakes under duck pass or over to rock creek any ideas?

KP
<><

Guest Who
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
millions of small brook trout at heart lake (the trailhead is at a campground behind lake Mary). The hike is not too bad, just take your time.

oakboy
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Excellent! I think that is just before Skelton and Barney lake. That will be a good place to hit first to blow off the cobwebs or last so we can get the skunk washed off!

KP
<><

Sierra_Smitty
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you going to be backpacking or just going for a day-hike? Do you have a preference as far as what species of trout you're after? Are you guys in decent shape?

I can recommend some great out of the way spots when I know the answers to those questions.

Peace,
Smitty

oakboy
02-01-2010, 05:14 AM
We are going to be day hiking mostly. 3-5 miles tops. As for the species of trout; any trout will do but it would be cool to see my Dad catch his first Golden. We are both in good shape, but my Dad probably couldnt handle too much off trail hiking. Thank you for all your advice!