PDA

View Full Version : New to fishing park lakes

Trout-Chaser
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
I would like to try some local park lakes closer to home to practice my skills more than anything. Have any of you fished Alondra Park? Would it be safe for a woman to fish there alone? (jeez I hate having to worry about that, but it's a reality in today's world).:Sad:

vanillagurilla
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
alondra has been closed due to horrible water quality.

richaaron
01-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I 'm sure there are plenty of guy's here that would be happy to accompany you at some of the local park lakes...

Fishmeister
01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
I can be your fishing buddy :-) What is your email address? I am from Van nuys and fish a lot when I got time in near by lakes.

bsp
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Alondra's closed, but it was fine when I was there. Saw plenty of families walking around with young kids, and several other fishermen that were all nice to talk to. El Dorado's another very nice park to go to. They have a ranger station, and 3 lakes to choose from. There's an archery range, a large open space where people fly model planes, a mini train that parents and kids ride on, and a bike path. Lots of family events going on there. Totally safe and the rangers respond quickly in the incredibly rare event that there's a problem. A year pass is pretty affordable, so I recommend going there once and then deciding whether you want the pass or not. I didn't find out about it last year after I'd already fished it like 4 times. Just keep it in mind.

Mondo21
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I can be your fishing buddy :-) What is your email address? I am from Van nuys and fish a lot when I got time in near by lakes.

You are close to me Fishmeister, I'm in Panorama City. Cindy