PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado Trout Plant Days

CastMan
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
I've got time off on Thursday and I thought about hitting up Eldo for some stock trout but obviously I'd like to get there when there's actually trout in the lake. Can anyone tell me what days they usually stock these suckers and I hear about the "pumping station" and have no idea where this is? I appreciate all the help I can get cuz I sure do need a nice day of fishing to get away from all my stress.

Trout-Chaser
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
According to the DFG site, they stocked on the 24th:http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/SouthCoast.asp

fishboy93
01-31-2010, 07:29 PM
troutchaser is right about the plant on the 24th... and that place is pretty fished out. i went yesterday and today and only saw 1 trout caught. i wasnt fishing for them but it was a pretty tough day of fishing for all anglers. i would recommend going right after they stock it. if DFG if consistent on their stocks i would go next monday. hope this helps
-FB

Fishbones
01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
the pump house is in the third lake by the ranger station...lots of good fishing there...

CastMan
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Now as far as I can tell it looks like they stock Eldo once every 2 weeks so going next Monday would be right on. Thanks Fishboy93!!!

The pump house is located on the third lake. Ok, I haven't been to Eldo in probably 12 years and I used to go bass fishing, all catch and release mind you, and had great results but I could swear that the ranger station was on the fourth lake....I always considered the lake that was only half paved, with the paddle boats and a small island was the fourth lake. Do I have the right lake but am miss numbering it?

I really appreciate all your help guys! It's great to be able to come here and share info with other people that have the same passion as me.

fishboy93
02-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Now as far as I can tell it looks like they stock Eldo once every 2 weeks so going next Monday would be right on. Thanks Fishboy93!!!

The pump house is located on the third lake. Ok, I haven't been to Eldo in probably 12 years and I used to go bass fishing, all catch and release mind you, and had great results but I could swear that the ranger station was on the fourth lake....I always considered the lake that was only half paved, with the paddle boats and a small island was the fourth lake. Do I have the right lake but am miss numbering it?

I really appreciate all your help guys! It's great to be able to come here and share info with other people that have the same passion as me.

No problem on the help. Im regular at eldo so if u ever need some help jus send a pm.
You had the right lake just wrong number. Theres 3 lakes at eldo and the third one is the main lake. Thats the one you should fish from.

CastMan
02-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I will thanks bud!