PDA

View Full Version : Why does a regular cheeseburger tast soo good on a sport boat?

trollmiester
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Drueling mouths want to know. lol

That Dang Guy
01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Well think about it this way, on an average fishing trip how often do you get to eat hot food? For me, rarely if ever. Charter trips pop to mind, otherwise it's chips, cold sandwiches and beer.

Gossamer
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
I have a theory about why food tastes better when your out on sport boat, or near the salt water. In cooking salt in a flavor enhancer, taking this in consideration if you are on the water theoretically that salt content in the air should be higher than if you are inland let's say. That's why you see bbq's, and bikes near the beach rusted up. So when you are eating the moisture and salt in the air make food more flavorful...that's my theory.....

tpfishnfool
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Its the fresh air. Same deal up in the trees.. Fresh air and appitite goes through the roof !

Frenchy
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
its one of the mysteries of the world like whAt the 10 wonder of the world

FISHNCHIPS
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Same reason a margarita or a Corona taste 3 times as good when you're drinking it on the stone patio of the Hotel Colorada on the east cape overlooking the Sea of Cortez while the roosterfish rip up the surface.
Best burgers I've ever had were after weeklong raft/river trips,my first stop after takeouts.

Fishbones
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
its the fishermans way...cheeseburgers especially cooked on the boat...when i was a kid i would fish the islander and these two cooks greg & danny use to cooked up this chicken sandwich that was to die for...i swear i ate 5 of those things one day.....

Fire Ball
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe all the extra grease and fat they use? :ROFL:
Once I had a BLT and it had so much grease I could not finish it, lol.

murrieta angler
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Definately the salt!!
When I take a bite and kinda lick my finger, the extra salt is the kicker......hold the cheese for me though!

RUSSO
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Its kinda like a regular looking girl out on a boat, by the end of the trip she looks like Megan Fox.

fish
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I can haz cheezburger on fishing boat?

Trout 1
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I have a theory about why food tastes better when your out on sport boat, or near the salt water. In cooking salt in a flavor enhancer, taking this in consideration if you are on the water theoretically that salt content in the air should be higher than if you are inland let's say. That's why you see bbq's, and bikes near the beach rusted up. So when you are eating the moisture and salt in the air make food more flavorful...that's my theory.....

Good theory. Never really thought of that haha.

Trout 1

pukahd
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I wondered the same thing while fishing on the Islander....their burgers tasted so good out on the water

That Dang Guy
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Its kinda like a regular looking girl out on a boat, by the end of the trip she looks like Megan Fox.

That's from all the beer!!

Troutman65
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, for some reason the cheeseburgers do taste better on the boat. The beer tastes better also . :LOL:

TroutOnly
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Trolly cheeseburgers taste better no matter where you are,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,