PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing any fishing out of frenchman's flats aka piru creek recently??

Ray Lopez
01-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Been thinking about doing a overnight backpacking trip or weekend trip with the little lady to piru creek. Just wondering if anyone has been doing any fishing out there in the last few months. I did a short hike a few months ago it is a moonscape from the fires But i'm really looking into doing short little trip and want to do some fishing out there like i used to back in the 90's.

Any info will be much appreciated thank you in advance.

tpfishnfool
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Havent heard any reports but should be good this time of year. NO SNAKES. But be carefull ,, I would have someone drop you off as to not leave you car/truck. Vandals are regulars at that place.
Keep us posted

peanut88
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Went last Friday w/ the kids. Water is high b/w 3 ft+ average. Brisk temps & very muddy on shores. You will need to get in the water & skirt the big boulder after 3/4 mi if you plan to go any further.

Caught a beautiful 12" that jumped out of the water and spit my hook out. Released a 10". Overall not bad for a couple of hrs. Beware of the biting flies. Bring plenty of bug spray.

Cheers!

GotBass?
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Good ol Ray, howd I know that you posted this. Found it while doing some research for our trip from FF to Bluepoint (Piru Creek). Check out some of the backpacking sites. There are a few that have posted this exact same trip and give good info on locations to camp. End of April is the plan for the trip. Right as all the wildlife are starting to become active. Trout and Rattlesnake tacos for dinner? Oh and btw, Castaic Creek to Redrock Mtn this weekend via New Mexican Trail (you know the one Im talking about). Want to be at the TH by 630, be at my place no later then 6. We will be out there all day once again so make sure to bring lunch and any "gardening equipment".