PDA

View Full Version : Redondo night bite....

Fishbones
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Headed to redondo to pick some bass off the rocks with some plastics at night...weather was clear and wind was low, water was clear and there was tons of bait in the water and i mean tons..along with alot of birds and atleast 6 seals just all over the pier..i first walked down the big pier to find about a dozen people fishing with most having buckets a quarter full of smelt and mackrel...so i tied on a crocodile and on my first cast i snagged a big sardine and second cast the same and thing and so on...i did this for about 1 hour and filled a nice bag with freshdead sardined with a few nice macks caught aswell...all of a sudden the light on the pier turned off and it got dark...with this done i decided to go fish from the rocks by the crab shack caught a few sandbass along with a few more macks and decided to head home.....will be going back soon.......Fishbones

fisherman from long beach
01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
let me know when you go might wanna hit it up with you.

murrieta angler
01-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Good job out there Fishbones!
Are you going to eat the fish you caught or are you gonna use it for bait at a later time?
Thanks for the report.
Robert

Fishbones
01-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks..i plan on using them for bait..either for stripers, catfish or some sort of saltwater fish.
Thinking of hitting it up again tonight or tomorrow theres got to be a few exotics mixed in....Alex..aka Fishbones

dfisher
01-28-2010, 04:38 PM
what were you throwing by the rocks?

Fishbones
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
i was fishing chunk sardine with a 1/8oz egg weight for the bass...for some reason the calicos and sand bass like chunk bait more than hole baits and i did throw out a hole dine a few times and it just got picked clean by bait fish or crabs but no fish, i was throwing a krocodile and a offshore angler sling jig for the macks.With the freshdead dines i decided not to fish plastics that night.

TShaffer
01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Night fishing always seems to be more fun. Nice report.

ToadsToadsOnly
01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
any guys catching spider crabs?

DockRat
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
i was fishing chunk .

Chunk is the sheet! WTG.
DR

Fishbones
01-30-2010, 05:19 PM
ToadsToadsOnly: i didnt see anyone pull one up or hoopin..i did soak a big hole dine and it did look like it was crabbed when i reeled it up but it coulda been baitfish too..

DockRat: yeah i like it too..somethin bout fishin chunk baits just rocks....

BIGRED KILLA
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice job out on the late night bite fresh chunk bait works on everything its the fresh smell/sent that gets em all nice job on the bass and fresh bait.

Bigred