PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia lake stinks

CHUCKY
01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Took a trip to the lake today to see for myself how the fishing was.The girl in the shop said they stocked yesterday so i got a little excited.When i got to the lake i found nothing has changed the lake is still very dirty.I posted up where the water comes in and tried everything for the big goose egg.Decided to move down aways and try another spot for natha.I did see birds catching fish and that was a bummer maybe the birds are eating all the fish.This place sucks next time i will save my money.Too bad silverwood isnt open on wed.

fishfinder
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
if you want to fish silverwood on wednesdays, just enter where the dam is and take the dirt road to the point at the 2nd cove. fish where stream comes in. make sure you have a truck for this trip.

Astrolux
01-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Dont you need to have an adventure pass for that.

fishfinder
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
yes you do need an adventure pass

CHUCKY
01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
ok cool i thought they locked that gate to the dam when they close.

TEAM CASTIN
01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
That's weird.Hesperia Lake is my 2nd favorite lake in the HD,Jess Ranch Is my Number One Lake,But Everytime I go to hesperia i always limit out..it takes me about 5 hours to,I went to hesperia like 2 weeks ago.and caught 4 trout :),But that time i didn't limit out.But i love that lake,i dont care how dirty it is..That lake will always be good in my book..it's just people get skunked one time and never go back..Just because it Green..Hey,Try to go in the Summer and get your limit of Catfish..But good luck next time (if you go there.)

fishfinder
01-28-2010, 11:12 PM
ok cool i thought they locked that gate to the dam when they close.

I dont remember if they lock gate down by the road, or there is one at the parking lot, but i dont think its locked when the lake is closed.

here is the way to the spot. park at the X, and walk down the trail on the point. after the rains i dont know if you can get back there right now, but the trout are right in the outlet. I am giving this spot up because I dont fish there any more.