PDA

View Full Version : Is Saturaday a good day for the Vine???

Seņor.Chilax
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Ive been wanting to go fishing these past few days, so i got a couple guys to go with me this Saturday but im wondering if thats a good idea.:Confused:(Ill be fishing from a boat...no fish finder) I heard its going to be a nice, somewhat cloudy day. But it also rained yesterday. What do you guys think? Should i go? I know some of you would go rain or shine, clear or muddy water:Big Grin:. But it never hurts to ask... right? Thank you in advance for any input.
Mr.Chilax

Thisfool
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
well a complete week with out a big storm and they are stocking up again on Wednesday plus your going to have the bonus advantage of a boat I would think at worst you will do ok. Just ask the guys in the shop what has been working the best and where at. But from reading the reports of Irvine on here and there own fishing report on there web site I don’t think you can be in a wrong place to catch fish at that lake.

Seņor.Chilax
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Thank you man, I appreciate it. I was already going, i guess i just needed that like extra something to seal the deal. Ha. Thanks.

dixoncider
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I would GO.....

Thisfool
01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Good to hear that I am going to be there again on Saturday also. i will be on the shore line of the Santiago flats as close to trout island as I can get. um not going to be wearing anything that you could defiantly notice me but my folding captains chair is a American flag print but my fat @#$ will probably be sitting in it lol

J12
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
heard good things about trolling firetiger rapalas. If pb and conventional lures do not work, try a casta bubble with an inflated worm. Sometimes the slow drop action of the worm can trick the fish to bite.

Seņor.Chilax
01-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Good to hear that I am going to be there again on Saturday also. i will be on the shore line of the Santiago flats as close to trout island as I can get. um not going to be wearing anything that you could defiantly notice me but my folding captains chair is a American flag print but my fat @#$ will probably be sitting in it lol

Cool deal man... Ill be in a 12footer with my big STRAW HAT. hahaha. Ill be around, hope to see you there.

Seņor.Chilax
01-28-2010, 09:09 AM
heard good things about trolling firetiger rapalas. If pb and conventional lures do not work, try a casta bubble with an inflated worm. Sometimes the slow drop action of the worm can trick the fish to bite.

Yeah, i went out to get me a CD3 firetiger this past weekend. Hopefully i get that 3skunk streak off of me. hahaha! And believe me, this time im getting some worms forsure. Thank you very much.

Thisfool
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I will keep an eye out for you.

I was at my local turners and the guy in charge of the fishing section says he loves Irvine lake and dose good with the 1/8 rooster tails and kasmasters on the troll. (I think that’s the size all I know is the ones he pointed at I have)

I already have a few rooster tails so I picked up some kasmasters and a ultra light rod and some more 2lb test all in all I spent $80 that should of went to paying bills so I can’t wait to get out there to test my new stuff out

I wonder if the line will be long since it is the first weekend since all the rain pasted completely
I usably get there at 5am and im like the 10th car back I wonder if I should be there even

Seņor.Chilax
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Hahaha! same here man, i just picked up a Shimano Sedona off my new buddy The Killa.(whats up killa?, staying out of trouble? hahaha)... but i cant wait for tomorrow. I keep getting mixed reports but i havent been out for a while so f*** it. Ill probably be getting there around 5.30ish. Good fishing and hope to see you out there... and thanks for ALL the tips, appreciate it.

troutdog
01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Stopped by the lake after work today and the quality of the fish looked pretty decent(2-2.5lb) with guys bringing in 3-5 fish each at the cleaning station when I walked by....good luck!

TD